Affiliation: Hadassah University Hospital
- Kadouri L, Bercovich D, Elimelech A, Lerer I, Sagi M, Glusman G, et al. A novel BRCA-1 mutation in Arab kindred from east Jerusalem with breast and ovarian cancer. BMC Cancer. 2007;7:14 pubmed..The significance of the novel BRCA1 mutation we identified should be studied in larger population. However, it is likely that the E1373X mutation is not a founder frequent mutation in the PA population. ..
- Kadouri L, Kote Jarai Z, Easton D, Hubert A, Hamoudi R, Glaser B, et al. Polyglutamine repeat length in the AIB1 gene modifies breast cancer susceptibility in BRCA1 carriers. Int J Cancer. 2004;108:399-403 pubmed..Longer repeat length correlates with elevated risk, whereas in carriers of a shorter AIB1 allele BC risk was reduced. The AIB1 polyglutamine length did not affect BC risk among BRCA2 mutation carriers. ..
- Kadouri L, Kote Jarai Z, Hubert A, Durocher F, Abeliovich D, Glaser B, et al. A single-nucleotide polymorphism in the RAD51 gene modifies breast cancer risk in BRCA2 carriers, but not in BRCA1 carriers or noncarriers. Br J Cancer. 2004;90:2002-5 pubmed..97; 95% CI 0.47-2.00). These results indicate significantly elevated risk for BC in carriers of BRCA2 mutations who also carry a RAD51-135c allele. In BRCA1 carriers and noncarriers, no effect for this SNP was found. ..
- Kadouri L, Kote Jarai Z, Hubert A, Baras M, Abeliovich D, Hamburger T, et al. Glutathione-S-transferase M1, T1 and P1 polymorphisms, and breast cancer risk, in BRCA1/2 mutation carriers. Br J Cancer. 2008;98:2006-10 pubmed publisher..The GSTM1- and GSTT1-null allele did not seem to have a major effect. ..
- Kadouri L, Temper M, Grenader T, Abeliovich D, Hamburger T, Peretz T, et al. Absence of founder BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations in cutaneous malignant melanoma patients of Ashkenazi origin. Fam Cancer. 2009;8:29-32 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest a limited role for the three Ashkenazi BRCA founder mutations in CMM risk among the Ashkenazi Jewish population. Therefore, screening patients with CMM for these BRCA1/2 mutations is not warranted. ..