Genomes and Genes
Mohammad Hossein Nasr Esfahani
Affiliation: Royan Institute
- Jodeiri Farshbaf M, Ghaedi K, Megraw T, Curtiss J, Shirani Faradonbeh M, Vaziri P, et al. Does PGC1Î±/FNDC5/BDNF Elicit the Beneficial Effects of Exercise on Neurodegenerative Disorders?. Neuromolecular Med. 2016;18:1-15 pubmed publisher..This review presents recent findings on the PGC1Î±/FNDC5/BDNF pathway and its role in neuroprotection, and discusses the controversial promise of irisin as a mediator of the positive benefits of exercise. ..
- Ghadiri N, Emamnia N, Ganjalikhani Hakemi M, Ghaedi K, Etemadifar M, Salehi M, et al. Analysis of the expression of mir-34a, mir-199a, mir-30c and mir-19a in peripheral blood CD4+T lymphocytes of relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis patients. Gene. 2018;659:109-117 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we showed a correlation between the four miRNAs with different phases of MS and their possible involvement in differentiation pathways of Th17 cells, as the most important players in MS. ..
- Ahmadian Elmi M, Bidmeshki Pour A, Naghavian R, Ghaedi K, Tanhaei S, Izadi T, et al. miR-27a and miR-214 exert opposite regulatory roles in Th17 differentiation via mediating different signaling pathways in peripheral blood CD4+ T lymphocytes of patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis. Immunogenetics. 2016;68:43-54 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that miR-27a may probably inhibit negative regulators of Th17 cell differentiation, thus promoting its differentiation while miR-214 has an adverse effect. ..
- Jodeiri Farshbaf M, Forouzanfar M, Ghaedi K, Kiani Esfahani A, Peymani M, Shoaraye Nejati A, et al. Nurr1 and PPAR? protect PC12 cells against MPP(+) toxicity: involvement of selective genes, anti-inflammatory, ROS generation, and antimitochondrial impairment. Mol Cell Biochem. 2016;420:29-42 pubmed publisher..Moreover, production of intracellular ROS and MMP modulated by MPP(+) was decreased by PPAR? and Nurr1 agonists' treatment alone and in the combined form. ..
- Kashfi S, Ghaedi K, Baharvand H, Nasr Esfahani M, Javan M. A1 Adenosine Receptor Activation Modulates Central Nervous System Development and Repair. Mol Neurobiol. 2017;54:8128-8139 pubmed publisher..Next, we summarize some of the most well-known biological effects of A1AR in the central nervous system (CNS) during development and adulthood, in addition to its role in nervous system regeneration and repair. ..
- Peymani M, Ghaedi K, Hashemi M, Ghoochani A, Kiani Esfahani A, Nasr Esfahani M, et al. Ameliorating the Effect of Pioglitazone on LPS-Induced Inflammation of Human Oligodendrocyte Progenitor Cells. Cell Mol Neurobiol. 2018;38:517-527 pubmed publisher..Taken together, therapy with Pioglitazone represents a novel potential drug in alleviating the loss of OPCs in neurodegenerative conditions. ..
- Kashfi S, Peymani M, Ghaedi K, Baharvand H, Nasr Esfahani M, Javan M. Purinergic Receptor Expression and Potential Association with Human Embryonic Stem Cell-Derived Oligodendrocyte Progenitor Cell Development. Cell J. 2017;19:386-402 pubmed publisher..Elucidation of the expression pattern of purinergic receptors and the effects of different subtypes of these receptors in hESC-OPCs may have a promising role in future cell-based therapy or drug design for demyelinating disease. ..