- Bhartiya D, Anand S, Parte S. VSELs may obviate cryobanking of gonadal tissue in cancer patients for fertility preservation. J Ovarian Res. 2015;8:75 pubmed publisher..This understanding once verified and accepted by the scientific community could obviate the need to remove whole ovary or testicular biopsy for cryopreservation prior to oncotherapy. ..
- Shaikh A, Bhartiya D, Kapoor S, Nimkar H. Delineating the effects of 5-fluorouracil and follicle-stimulating hormone on mouse bone marrow stem/progenitor cells. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2016;7:59 pubmed publisher..The study provides a novel insight into basic hematopoiesis and has clinical relevance. ..
- Patel H, Bhartiya D, Parte S. Further characterization of adult sheep ovarian stem cells and their involvement in neo-oogenesis and follicle assembly. J Ovarian Res. 2018;11:3 pubmed publisher..Both VSELs, OSCs and GCN express FSH receptors and FSH possibly regulates their function to undergo neo-oogenesis and primordial follicle assembly. ..
- Patel H, Bhartiya D. Testicular Stem Cells Express Follicle-Stimulating Hormone Receptors and Are Directly Modulated by FSH. Reprod Sci. 2016;23:1493-1508 pubmed
- Bhartiya D, Anand S, Patel H, Parte S. Making gametes from alternate sources of stem cells: past, present and future. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2017;15:89 pubmed publisher..This strategy has been successful in several mice studies already and resulted in live birth in a woman with pre-mature ovarian failure. ..
- Ganguly R, Metkari S, Bhartiya D. Dynamics of Bone Marrow VSELs and HSCs in Response to Treatment with Gonadotropin and Steroid Hormones, during Pregnancy and Evidence to Support Their Asymmetric/Symmetric Cell Divisions. Stem Cell Rev. 2018;14:110-124 pubmed publisher..These results point to a novel yet unreported role of spleen VSELs during pregnancy. Furthermore, VSELs underwent ACD to self-renew and give rise to slightly bigger HSCs based on unequal expression of NUMB, CD45 and OCT-4. ..
- Bhartiya D, Unni S, Parte S, Anand S. Very small embryonic-like stem cells: implications in reproductive biology. Biomed Res Int. 2013;2013:682326 pubmed publisher..It will also be relevant for future regenerative medicine, translational research, and clinical applications in human reproduction. ..
- Bhartiya D, Kasiviswanathan S, Unni S, Pethe P, Dhabalia J, Patwardhan S, et al. Newer insights into premeiotic development of germ cells in adult human testis using Oct-4 as a stem cell marker. J Histochem Cytochem. 2010;58:1093-106 pubmed publisher..spermatocytes, spermatids, and sperm. Besides maintaining normal testicular homeostasis, PSCs may also be implicated in germ cell tumors and ES-like colonies that have recently been derived from adult human testicular tissue. ..