- Hyperhomocysteinemia: clinical and therapeutical involvement in venous thrombosis
Medical Clinic II, University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Iuliu Hatieganu, Cluj Napoca, Romania
Rom J Intern Med 45:159-64. 2007
..In medical practice the measurement of homocysteinemia may be indicated in unexplained idiopathic venous thrombosis, or recurrent episodes or venous thrombosis occurred at an early age or at an uncommon site...
- The involvement of genetic factors in chronic venous insufficiency
Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Cluj Napoca Cluj Napoca Hospital County, Medical Clinic No 2, Romania
Rom J Intern Med 46:119-23. 2008
..Genes polymorphisms associated with hyperhomocysteinemia, coagulation abnormalities, genetic factors involved in venous thrombosis leading to secondary CVI, represent the genetic background of this complex disease...
- Hyperhomocysteinemia and methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase polymorphism in a patient with coronary artery disease and repetitive miscarriages
Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Cluj Napoca, Romania
Rom J Intern Med 50:313-6. 2012
..These interrelations are complex and future studies are required to improve the therapeutical strategy in these cases...
- Mesenteric venous thrombosis with bowel infarction and hyperhomocysteinemia due to homozygous methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase C677T genotype
Medical Clinic, University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Cluj Napoca, Romania
Vasc Endovascular Surg 42:477-81. 2008
..He underwent segmental resection associated with lifelong anticoagulant therapy and vitamin B supplementation with a favorable course...
- Mesenteric venous thrombosis: clinical and therapeutical approach
Medical Clinic 2, UMF Iuliu Hatieganu, Cluj Napoca, Romania
Int Angiol 27:462-5. 2008
..However, most of the cases are diagnosed during laparotomy or autopsy. Anticoagulant therapy administrated early increases the survival rate. Surgery is indicated in cases with bowel infarction or peritonitis...
- Correlations between clinical probability and Doppler ultrasound results in the assessment of deep venous thrombosis
2nd Internal Medicine Clinic, Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy Cluj Napoca, 2 4 Clinicilor Str, 400006 Cluj Napoca, Romania
Med Ultrason 12:17-21. 2010
..Although the assessment of deep venous thrombosis (DVT) is based on clinical examination, the complementary tests and especially Doppler ultrasound plays the most important role in DVT diagnosis...