Affiliation: University of Cologne
- Wagener R, Gara S, Kobbe B, Paulsson M, Zaucke F. The knee osteoarthritis susceptibility locus DVWA on chromosome 3p24.3 is the 5' part of the split COL6A4 gene. Matrix Biol. 2009;28:307-10 pubmed publisher..Here we present information that the newly identified DVWA represents the human gene coding for the collagen VI alpha 4 chain, which could point to a more complex disease mechanism. ..
- MaaÃŸ T, Bayley C, MÃ¶rgelin M, Lettmann S, Bonaldo P, Paulsson M, et al. Heterogeneity of Collagen VI Microfibrils: STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS OF NON-COLLAGENOUS REGIONS. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:5247-58 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, the Î±1, Î±2, and Î±4 C-terminal globular regions dimerize. These self-interactions may play a role in tetramer formation. ..
- ..In this chapter, we describe methods for purification of matrilins from tissue, analysis of matrilins in tissue extracts, recombinant expression, and generation of matrilin-specific antibodies. ..
- Wagener R, Kobbe B, Paulsson M. Matrilin-4, a new member of the matrilin family of extracellular matrix proteins. FEBS Lett. 1998;436:123-7 pubmed..Additionally an alternatively spliced mRNA lacking the sequence coding for the first vWFA domain was found in 7 weeks old mice leading to a protein precursor of 434 amino acids and a predicted Mr of the mature protein of 45468. ..
- Wagener R, Kobbe B, Paulsson M. Genomic organisation, alternative splicing and primary structure of human matrilin-4. FEBS Lett. 1998;438:165-70 pubmed..Due to a G to A mutation at the splice donor site of intron C, the third exon encodes an untranslated pseudo-exon specifying the first EGF-like domain when compared to mouse matrilin-4. ..
- Wagener R, Kobbe B, Aszodi A, Aeschlimann D, Paulsson M. Characterization of the mouse matrilin-4 gene: a 5' antiparallel overlap with the gene encoding the transcription factor RBP-l. Genomics. 2001;76:89-98 pubmed..In situ hybridization of brain sections showed a partially overlapping expression pattern for the two genes. ..
- Richardson R, Gebauer J, Zhang J, Kobbe B, Keene D, Karlsen K, et al. AMACO is a component of the basement membrane-associated Fraser complex. J Invest Dermatol. 2014;134:1313-1322 pubmed publisher..Knockdown of vwa2, which alone causes no phenotype, enhances the phenotype of hypomorphic Fras1 mutant zebrafish. Together, our data suggest that AMACO represents a member of the Fraser complex. ..
- Becker A, Mikolajek H, Werner J, Paulsson M, Wagener R. Characterization of recombinantly expressed matrilin VWA domains. Protein Expr Purif. 2015;107:20-8 pubmed publisher..Structural studies of matrilin VWA domains will depend on the use of eukaryotic expression systems. ..