Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Universitaetzmedizin Rostock
Location: Rostock, Germany
- Nuber S, Petrasch Parwez E, Winner B, Winkler J, von Horsten S, Schmidt T, et al. Neurodegeneration and motor dysfunction in a conditional model of Parkinson's disease. J Neurosci. 2008;28:2471-84 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, alpha-syn-associated cytotoxicity is independent of filamentous inclusion body formation in our conditional mouse model. ..
- Nguyen H, Kobbe P, Rahne H, Wörpel T, Jäger B, Stephan M, et al. Behavioral abnormalities precede neuropathological markers in rats transgenic for Huntington's disease. Hum Mol Genet. 2006;15:3177-94 pubmed..The dissociation of onset between behavioral and neuropathological markers is suggestive of as yet undetected processes, which contribute to the early phenotype of these HD transgenic rats. ..
- Boy J, Leergaard T, Schmidt T, Odeh F, Bichelmeier U, Nuber S, et al. Expression mapping of tetracycline-responsive prion protein promoter: digital atlasing for generating cell-specific disease models. Neuroimage. 2006;33:449-62 pubmed..The study serves as a precursor for a database resource allowing evaluation of the suitability of different promoter mouse lines for generating disease models. ..
- Holzmann C, Mäueler W, Petersohn D, Schmidt T, Thiel G, Epplen J, et al. Isolation and characterization of the rat huntingtin promoter. Biochem J. 1998;336 ( Pt 1):227-34 pubmed..DNase I footprinting and electrophoretic mobility-shift assays were used to define the nucleotide positions and binding affinity of DNA-protein interactions. ..
- Kántor O, Temel Y, Holzmann C, Raber K, Nguyen H, Cao C, et al. Selective striatal neuron loss and alterations in behavior correlate with impaired striatal function in Huntington's disease transgenic rats. Neurobiol Dis. 2006;22:538-47 pubmed..No alterations in mean total numbers of striatal neurons were found in 6-month-old animals. Testing 14-month-old animals in a choice reaction time task indicated impaired striatal function of tgHD rats compared with controls. ..
- Bauer A, Zilles K, Matusch A, Holzmann C, Riess O, von Horsten S. Regional and subtype selective changes of neurotransmitter receptor density in a rat transgenic for the Huntington's disease mutation. J Neurochem. 2005;94:639-50 pubmed..In particular, there is evidence for a contribution of predominantly presynaptically localized cholinergic and noradrenergic receptors in the response to Huntington's disease pathology. ..
- Marx F, Holzmann C, Strauss K, Li L, Eberhardt O, Gerhardt E, et al. Identification and functional characterization of a novel R621C mutation in the synphilin-1 gene in Parkinson's disease. Hum Mol Genet. 2003;12:1223-31 pubmed
- Holzmann C, Kruger R, Saecker A, Schmitt I, Schols L, Berger K, et al. Polymorphisms of the alpha-synuclein promoter: expression analyses and association studies in Parkinson's disease. J Neural Transm (Vienna). 2003;110:67-76 pubmed..Although the -668C/-116G haplotype was more common in PD patients, this difference was not significant. ..
- Rahner N, Holzmann C, Kruger R, Schols L, Berger K, Riess O. Neurofilament L gene is not a genetic factor of sporadic and familial Parkinson's disease. Brain Res. 2002;951:82-6 pubmed..Association studies based on these haplotypes revealed no significant differences between PD patients and 344 control individuals. Therefore, NF-L is unlikely to play a major role in the pathogenesis of PD. ..
- Holzmann C, Saecker A, Epplen J, Riess O. Avoiding errors in the diagnosis of (CAG)n expansion in the huntingtin gene. J Med Genet. 1997;34:264 pubmed
- Hawlitschka A, Holzmann C, Wree A, Antipova V. Repeated Intrastriatal Botulinum Neurotoxin-A Injection in Hemiparkinsonian Rats Increased the Beneficial Effect on Rotational Behavior. Toxins (Basel). 2018;10: pubmed publisher..The data give evidence for the possibility of repeated intrastriatal administrations of BoNT-A, for treatment of motor symptoms in experimental hemi-PD over a longer time. ..
- Schlegel V, Thieme M, Holzmann C, Witt M, Grittner U, Rolfs A, et al. Pharmacologic Treatment Assigned for Niemann Pick Type C1 Disease Partly Changes Behavioral Traits in Wild-Type Mice. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed..Our results suggest that allopregnanolone/cyclodextrin ameliorate most side effects of miglustat in wild-type mice. ..
- Meyer A, Wree A, Günther R, Holzmann C, Schmitt O, Rolfs A, et al. Increased Regenerative Capacity of the Olfactory Epithelium in Niemann-Pick Disease Type C1. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..Interestingly, we also observed therapy-induced alterations in treated NPC1+/+ controls. Thus, olfactory testing may provide useful information to monitor pharmacologic treatment approaches in human NPC1. ..