Affiliation: University of Kiel
- Brasch J, Beck Jendroschek V, Voss K, Uhrlaß S, Nenoff P. [Arthroderma benhamiae strains in Germany : Morphological and physiological characteristics of the anamorphs]. Hautarzt. 2016;67:700-5 pubmed publisher..benhamiae anamorph by conventional methods; a distinction between the white variant and T. interdigitale can be more difficult. Dermatologists should be able to identify this agent in clinical routine. ..
- Brasch J, Kreiselmaier I, Christophers E. Inhibition of dermatophytes by optical brighteners. Mycoses. 2003;46:120-5 pubmed..Optical brighteners of stilbenedisulfonic acid type may be rewarding objects for the development of new antifungal agents. ..
- Brasch J. Var. raubitschekii of Trichophyton rubrum as a cause of tinea in Germany. Mycoses. 2007;50 Suppl 2:2-5 pubmed..However, such a spreading is likely to occur in the future and therefore a monitoring is needed. This can be achieved only when the variant raubitschekii is looked for in the laboratories and is reported with its full name...
- ..Dermatophytes that penetrate into the dermis can cause granulomatous inflammatory reactions and systemic immune reactions are supposed to be a trigger of so-called id reactions...
- Brasch J. [New apects in the diagnosis and therapy of dermatomycoses]. Hautarzt. 2012;63:390-5 pubmed publisher..Thermotherapy and photodynamic therapy are additional options in particularly difficult cases...