Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: German Cancer Research Center
Location: Heidelberg, Germany
dynamic positron emission tomography, informatics, molecular biology, in silico modeling
Publications193 found, 100 shown here
- Dimitrakopoulou Strauss A, Strauss L, Egerer G, Vasamiliette J, Schmitt T, Haberkorn U, et al. Prediction of chemotherapy outcome in patients with metastatic soft tissue sarcomas based on dynamic FDG PET (dPET) and a multiparameter analysis. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2010;37:1481-9 pubmed publisher..The main effect of the AI-G therapy may be on angiogenesis (k1 effect) rather than on proliferation. ..
- Halaris A, Belendiuk K, Freedman D. Antidepressant drugs affect dopamine uptake. Biochem Pharmacol. 1975;24:1896-7 pubmed
- Barthel W, Markwardt F. Aggregation of blood platelets by adrenaline and its uptake. Biochem Pharmacol. 1975;24:1903-4 pubmed
- Jaton J, Huser H, Blatt Y, Pecht I. Circular dichroism and fluorescence studies of homogeneous antibodies to type III pneumococcal polysaccharide. Biochemistry. 1975;14:5308-11 pubmed..Taken together, CD and fluorescence spectroscopic data suggest that oligosaccharide ligands induced detectable conformational changes in the Fab fragment of the antibody. ..
- Butler J, Jayson G, Swallow A. The reaction between the superoxide anion radical and cytochrome c. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1975;408:215-22 pubmed..4. No reduction of ferricytochrome c by HO2 radicals could be demonstrated at pH 1.2-6.2 but at pH 5.3, HO2 radicals oxidize ferrocytochrome c with a rate constant of about 5-10(5)-5-10(6) M-1 - S-1. ..
- Moroff G, Brandt K. Yeast glutathione reductase. Studies of the kinetics and stability of the enzyme as a function of pH and salt concentration. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1975;410:21-31 pubmed..In contrast, inhibition of the catalytic activity of the enzyme at high sodium acetate concentration correlates with an effect of sodium acetate on the oxidized form of the enzyme. ..
- Tan A, Nuttall F. Characteristics of the dephosphorylated form of phosphorylase purified from rat liver and measurement of its activity in crude liver preparations. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1975;410:45-60 pubmed..A decrease in total phosphorylase activity has been observed after prolonged starvation and in diabetes. ..
- Di Ferrante N, Leachman R, Angelini P, Donnelly P, Francis G, Almazan A, et al. Ehlers-Danlos type V (X-linked form): a lysyl oxidase deficiency. Birth Defects Orig Artic Ser. 1975;11:31-7 pubmed
- . The metabolic fate of securinine. Chin Med J (Engl). 1975;1:205-15 pubmed
- Daniels L. Rapid in-office and in-vivo desensitization of an injection phobia utilizing hypnosis. Am J Clin Hypn. 1976;18:200-3 pubmed
- Palmer G, Manian A. Actions of phenothiazine analogues on dopamine-sensitive adenylate cyclase in neuronal and glial-enriched fractions from rat brain. Biochem Pharmacol. 1976;25:63-71 pubmed
- Strauss L, Hoffend J, Koczan D, Pan L, Haberkorn U, Dimitrakopoulou Strauss A. Early effects of FOLFOX treatment of colorectal tumour in an animal model: assessment of changes in gene expression and FDG kinetics. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2009;36:1226-34 pubmed publisher..Quantitative assessment of the tracer kinetics and the application of classification analysis to the data are promising tools to identify those tumours that demonstrate a chemotherapeutic effect very early following treatment. ..
- Rosendahl M, Andersen M, Ralfkiær E, Kjeldsen L, Andersen M, Andersen C. Evidence of residual disease in cryopreserved ovarian cortex from female patients with leukemia. Fertil Steril. 2010;94:2186-90 pubmed publisher..The viability and malignancy of these cells remains to be determined. At present, reimplantation of ovarian cortex to leukemia patients cannot be recommended. ..
- Roccaro A, Sacco A, Aujay M, Ngo H, Azab A, Azab F, et al. Selective inhibition of chymotrypsin-like activity of the immunoproteasome and constitutive proteasome in Waldenstrom macroglobulinemia. Blood. 2010;115:4051-60 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that targeting i20S and c20S CT-L activity by ONX0912 represents a valid antitumor therapy in WM. ..
- Décarie S. [Manon Roussin]. Perspect Infirm. 2009;6:15-6 pubmed
- Akamatsu N, Nakajima H, Ono M, Miura Y. Increase in acetyl CoA synthetase activity after phenobarbital treatment. Biochem Pharmacol. 1975;24:1725-7 pubmed
- Koivula T, Koivusalo M. Partial purification and properties of a phenobarbital-induced aldehyde dehydrogenase of rat liver. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1975;410:1-11 pubmed..The enzyme was inhibited by submicromolar concentrations of disulfiram. Estrone, deoxycorticosterone, progesterone and diethylstilbestrol also affected the enzyme activity. ..
- Heller M, Edelstein P, Mayer M. Membrane-bound enzymes. III. Protease activity in leucocytes in relation to erythrocyte membranes. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1975;413:472-82 pubmed
- Gerlach J, Lühdorf K. The effect of L-dopa on young patients with simple schizophrenia, treated with neuroleptic drugs: a double-blind cross-over trial with Madopar and placebo. Psychopharmacologia. 1975;44:105-10 pubmed..In no case were gastrointestinal, cardiovascular or neurological side-effects observed. ..
- Wright D. Reserve dental exercise JOTS'93. Navy Med. 1994;85:4-6 pubmed
- Vasamiliette J, Hohenberger P, Schoenberg S, Diehl S, Dinter D, Marx A, et al. Treatment monitoring with 18F-FDG PET in metastatic thymoma after 90Y-Dotatoc and selective internal radiation treatment (SIRT). Hell J Nucl Med. 2009;12:271-3 pubmed..MRI of the liver demonstrated a decrease in vascularization and a modest decrease in tumor volume. Therefore, surgical resection of the primary thymoma was initiated. ..
- Bani Shahabadi M, Yerushalmi L, Haghighat F. Estimation of greenhouse gas generation in wastewater treatment plants--model development and application. Chemosphere. 2010;78:1085-92 pubmed publisher..The inclusion of GHG emissions from nutrient removal as well as off-site processes in the overall GHG emissions of WWTPs increased the accuracy and completeness of this estimation, lending support to the novelty of the present study. ..
- Strauss L, Koczan D, Seiz M, Tuettenberg J, Schmieder K, Pan L, et al. Correlation of the Ga-68-bombesin analog Ga-68-BZH3 with receptors expression in gliomas as measured by quantitative dynamic positron emission tomography (dPET) and gene arrays. Mol Imaging Biol. 2012;14:376-83 pubmed publisher..However, this study is limited to the expression data on the mRNA level and further studies are needed to assess the correlation of gene expression on the protein level. ..
- Maneksha S, Harry T. Lorazepam in sexual disorders. Br J Clin Pract. 1975;29:175-6 pubmed
- Fahnestock S. Evidence of the involvement of a 50S ribosomal protein in several active sites. Biochemistry. 1975;14:5321-7 pubmed..B-L3 may be the ribosomal peptidyltransferase protein, or a part of the active site, and may contribute functional groups to the other active sites as well. ..
- Yoshimura F, Suzuki T. Calcium-stimulated adenosine triphosphatase in the microsomal fraction of tooth germ from porcine fetus. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1975;410:167-77 pubmed
- Pfister M, Schaub M, Watterson J, Knecht M, Waser P. Radioactive labeling and location of specific thiol groups in myosin from fast, slow and cardiac muscles. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1975;410:193-209 pubmed
- Dawson R. The reaction of choline and 3,3-dimethyl-1-butanol with the acetylenzyme from acetylcholinesterase. J Neurochem. 1975;25:783-7 pubmed
- Gogoleva E, Grechushkina N, Egorov N. [Development of Mycobacterium lacticolum and its synthesis of exopolysaccharide under conditions of varying acidity of the medium]. Mikrobiologiia. 1975;44:828-31 pubmed..0 to 8.2. Changes in acidity of the medium have no effect on the qualitative composition, structure, and molecular weight of the polysaccharide. ..
- Share J. Review of drug treatment for Down's syndrome persons. Am J Ment Defic. 1976;80:388-93 pubmed..There have not been any drugs that have demonstrated remarkable improvement in the status of Down's syndrome individuals that have been widely accepted as effective. ..
- Nekrasova A, Levitskaia I, Panfilov V. [Radioimmunologic method of separate determination of prostaglandins serially in blood and tissues]. Lab Delo. 1977;:227-32 pubmed
- Hu J, Zhang D, Hao J, Huang D, Cameron S, Zhu C. The complete mitochondrial genome of the yellow coaster, Acraea issoria (Lepidoptera: Nymphalidae: Heliconiinae: Acraeini): sequence, gene organization and a unique tRNA translocation event. Mol Biol Rep. 2010;37:3431-8 pubmed publisher..There are some short microsatellite-like repeat regions (e.g., (TA)(9), polyA and polyT) scattered in the control region, however, the conspicuous macro-repeats units commonly found in other insect species are absent...
- Marchal B, Dedzo M, Kegels G. A realist evaluation of the management of a well-performing regional hospital in Ghana. BMC Health Serv Res. 2010;10:24 pubmed publisher..Such practices can be implemented even with narrow decision spaces. Realist evaluation provides an appropriate approach to increase the usefulness of case studies to managers and policymakers. ..
- Stein J. The effect of adrenaline and of alpha- and beta-adrenergic blocking agents on ATP concentration and on incorporation of 32Pi into ATP in rat fat cells. Biochem Pharmacol. 1975;24:1659-62 pubmed
- Orskov E, Fraser C. The effects of processing of barley-based supplements on rumen pH, rate of digestion of voluntary intake of dried grass in sheep. Br J Nutr. 1975;34:493-500 pubmed..4. The implications of these findings on supplementation of roughages with cereals are discussed. ..
- Cabrales P, Zanini G, Meays D, Frangos J, Carvalho L. Murine cerebral malaria is associated with a vasospasm-like microcirculatory dysfunction, and survival upon rescue treatment is markedly increased by nimodipine. Am J Pathol. 2010;176:1306-15 pubmed publisher..Administration of nimodipine induced vasodilation and increased pial blood flow. We conclude that vasoconstriction and vascular collapse play a role in murine CM pathogenesis and nimodipine holds potential as adjunctive therapy for CM...
- Schmitt T, Lehner B, Kasper B, Bischof M, Roeder F, Dietrich S, et al. A phase II study evaluating neo-/adjuvant EIA chemotherapy, surgical resection and radiotherapy in high-risk soft tissue sarcoma. BMC Cancer. 2011;11:510 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the current regimen can only be recommended within a clinical study, and a possibly increased risk of secondary leukemias has to be taken into account. ClinicalTrials.gov NCT01382030, EudraCT 2004-002501-72. ..
- Ardenne M, Reitnauer P. [Demonstration of tumor inhibiting properties of a strongly immunostimulating low-molecular weight substance. Comparative studies with ifosfamide on the immuno-labile DS carcinosarcoma. Stimulation of the autoimmune activity for approx. 20 days by BA. Arzneimittelforschung. 1975;25:1369-79 pubmed..v. application of BA 1. The thus obtained numerical values clearly show that further research work on the prophylactic use of this substance seems to be necessary and very promising. ..
- Hattori M, Frazier J, Miles H. Poly(8-aminoguanylic acid): formation of ordered self-structures and interaction with poly(cytidylic acid). Biochemistry. 1975;14:5033-45 pubmed..The properties of the ordered structures are interpreted in terms of a strong tendency of the 8-amino group to form a third interbase hydrogen bond, when this possibility is not prevented by high pH. ..
- Garner C, Behal F. Effect of pH on substrate and inhibitor kinetic constants of human liver alanine aminopeptidase. Evidence for two ionizable active center groups. Biochemistry. 1975;14:5084-8 pubmed..0 and 7.5 which are involved in substrate binding or inhibitory amino acid binding but not in catalysis since Vmax was constant at all pH values tested. ..
- Antonovski L, Ljatkova K, Sukarov L, Brenner W, Edelman D, Bernard R. A comparative study of metal and plastic (Karman) cannulae for first trimester abortion by suction curettage. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 1975;13:33-8 pubmed
- Likhanova N, Guzmán Lucero D, Flores E, García P, Domínguez Aguilar M, Palomeque J, et al. Ionic liquids screening for desulfurization of natural gasoline by liquid-liquid extraction. Mol Divers. 2010;14:777-87 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, a method to recover and reuse water-sensitive to halogenated precursors is described. ..
- Adissu H, Hayes G, Wood G, Caswell J. Cardiac myxosarcoma with adrenal adenoma and pituitary hyperplasia resembling Carney complex in a dog. Vet Pathol. 2010;47:354-7 pubmed publisher..Mutations were not detected in PRKAR1A exons in the present case...
- Ris M, Deitrich R, von Wartburg J. Inhibition of aldehyde reductase isoenzymes in human and rat brain. Biochem Pharmacol. 1975;24:1865-9 pubmed
- Flohr H, Breull W. Effect of etafenone on total and regional myocardial blood flow. Arzneimittelforschung. 1975;25:1400-3 pubmed..The differences observed for the intramural distribution pattern of flow under hypoxia and drug induced vasodilation support the hypothesis that this pattern reflects corresponding gradients of regional myocardial metabolism. ..
- Scherberger R, Kaess H, Bruckner S. [Studies on the action of an anticholinergic agent in combination with a tranquilizer on gastric juice secretion in man]. Arzneimittelforschung. 1975;25:1460-3 pubmed..The pH value was savely increased only by Sch 1000 and Sch 1000 + oxazepam, and this even only during the basal period. The results are discussed. ..
- Sanchez G, Alderete J. The effect of host adrenalectomy on the physiology of Trypanosoma rhodesiense. Comp Biochem Physiol A Comp Physiol. 1975;52:623-6 pubmed
- Neeb D, Kunz R, Ley S, Szabo G, Strauss L, Kauczor H, et al. Quantification of pulmonary blood flow (PBF): validation of perfusion MRI and nonlinear contrast agent (CA) dose correction with H(2)15O positron emission tomography (PET). Magn Reson Med. 2009;62:476-87 pubmed publisher..001) and resulted in a better agreement: mean values (standard deviation) in units of ml/min/100 ml lung tissue were 59 (15) for PET, 112 (28) for uncorrected MRI, and 80 (21) for corrected MRI. ..
- Chow Y, Pietranico R, Mukerji A. Studies of oxygen binding energy to hemoglobin molecule. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1975;66:1424-31 pubmed
- van Gorkom H, Pulles M, Wessels J. Light-induced changes of absorbance and electron spin resonance in small photosystem II particles. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1975;408:331-9 pubmed..In addition an ESR signal with 15 to 20 gauss linewidth and a slower dark decay was observed, which may have been caused by a secondary donor. ..
- Fluck R, Jaffe M. Cholinesterases from plant tissues. VI. Preliminary characterization of enzymes from Solanum melongena L. and Zea mays L. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1975;410:130-4 pubmed..On the basis of this last property, the magnitude of inhibition by the various inhibitors, and the substrate specificity, we conclude that the enzyme from eggplant, but not that from corn, is a cholinesterase. ..
- Baghurst P, Nichol L. The binding of organic phosphates to human methaemoglobin A. Perturbation of the polymerization of proteins by effectors. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1975;412:168-80 pubmed..03-10(3)-1.20-10(3) and 1.1-10(4)-2.1-10(4) 1/mol, respectively. It is also shown that 2,3-diphosphoglycerate perturbs the dimer-tetramer equilibrium in a similar way to ATP. ..
- Gerson S, Magasanik B. Regulation of the hut operons of Salmonella typhimurium and Klebsiella aerogenes by the heterologous hut repressors. J Bacteriol. 1975;124:1269-72 pubmed..The repression exerted by the homologous repressor on the left-hand hut operon is, in both organisms, stronger than that exerted by the heterologous repressor. ..
- Myers P, Millar W. Nonautotrophic Thiobacillus in acid mine water. Appl Microbiol. 1975;30:884-6 pubmed..Nonautotrophic thiobacilli were isolated from the acidic water of a coal mine. Based on their mixotrophic physiology, the isolates are regarded as strains of Thiobacillus perometabolis. ..
- Stamm O, Latscha U, Janecek P, Campana A. Development of a special electrode for continuous subcutaneous pH measurement in the infant scalp. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1976;124:193-5 pubmed..Tests on a normal sample of newborn babies immediately after birth showed a significant correlation between tissue pH and capillary blood pH, with the trend of pH variation being broadly similar in both measurement media. ..
- Okazumi S, Dimitrakopoulou Strauss A, Schwarzbach M, Strauss L. Quantitative, dynamic 18F-FDG-PET for the evaluation of soft tissue sarcomas: relation to differential diagnosis, tumor grading and prediction of prognosis. Hell J Nucl Med. 2009;12:223-8 pubmed..0162) had significantly poor prognosis. In conclusion, the evaluation of full (18)F-FDG kinetics provides important information for the diagnosis of malignant lesions, histological grading and prognosis of soft tissue sarcomas. ..
- Cera M, Salerno A, Fragasso G, Montanaro C, Gardini C, Marinosci G, et al. Beneficial electrophysiological effects of trimetazidine in patients with postischemic chronic heart failure. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther. 2010;15:24-30 pubmed publisher..00 +/- 20.00 vs 56.00 +/- 33.86 milliseconds, P = NS, in nonischemic). These electrophysiological properties indicate an undiscovered mechanism of action of TMZ, which could be useful in conditions at risk of major arrhythmias. ..
- Schmoldt A, Benthe H, Haberland G. Digitoxin metabolism by rat liver microsomes. Biochem Pharmacol. 1975;24:1639-41 pubmed
- Roskoski R, Lim C, Roskoski L. Human brain and placental choline acetyltransferase: purification and properties. Biochemistry. 1975;14:5105-10 pubmed..6 plus or minus 0.3. A chemically competent acetyl-thioenzyme is isolable by Sephadex gel filtration. The enzymes from the brain and placenta are thus far physically and biochemically indistinguishable. ..
- Martin J, Luthra M, Wells M, Watts R, Hanahan D. Phospholipase A2 as a probe of phospholipid distribution in erythrocyte membranes. Factors influencing the apparent specificity of the reaction. Biochemistry. 1975;14:5400-8 pubmed..It is evident that the use of these phospholipases to probe the localization of phospholipds in erythrocyte membranes must be approached with caution. Certain facets of this problem are discussed. ..
- Mockrin S, Byers L, Koshland D. Subunit interactions in yeast glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase. Biochemistry. 1975;14:5428-37 pubmed..Methods for distinguishing negatively cooperative binding patterns from mixtures of denatured enzyme and multiple species are discussed. ..
- Russell J, Mehrabian A. The mediating role of emotions in alcohol use. J Stud Alcohol. 1975;36:1508-36 pubmed
- Shen D. [A study of sialic acid of erythrocyte membranes in Duchenne muscular dystrophy]. Zhonghua Shen Jing Jing Shen Ke Za Zhi. 1988;21:349-51, 385 pubmed
- Gollapudi P, Yoon J, Gollapudi S, Pahl M, Vaziri N. Leukocyte toll-like receptor expression in end-stage kidney disease. Am J Nephrol. 2010;31:247-54 pubmed publisher..Monocyte TLR2 and TLR4 and neutrophil TLR4 expressions and TLR4 activity are increased hemodialysis patients, representing another dimension of ESRD-associated inflammation. ..
- Helbig M, Krysztoforski K, Kucharski J, Popek M, Kroll T, Helbig S, et al. Clinical requirements for an ultrasound-based tool navigator for minimally interventional procedures. Med Sci Monit. 2010;16:MT9-14 pubmed
- Basov N, Galochkin V, Igoshin V, Kulakov L, Martin E, Nikitin A, et al. Spectra of Stimulated Emission in the Hydrogen-Fluorine Reaction Process and Energy Transfer from DF to CO(2). Appl Opt. 1971;10:1814-20 pubmed publisher..5 +/- 0.5) x 10(-12) cm(3) sec(-1). ..
- Sabourin G. [Nausea and vomiting caused by chemotherapy]. Perspect Infirm. 2009;6:21 pubmed
- Gilbert H, O Leary M. Modification of arginine and lysine in proteins with 2,4-pentanedione. Biochemistry. 1975;14:5194-9 pubmed..Treatment of this modified protein with hydroxylamine regenerated the modified lysine residues but caused no change in the modified arginine residues. One arginine residue seems to be essential for the catalytic activity of the enzyme. ..
- Kimelberg H. Alterations in phospholipid-dependent (Na+ +K+)-ATPase activity due to lipid fluidity. Effects of cholesterol and Mg2+. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1975;413:143-56 pubmed..Since both cholesterol and Mg2+ are known to alter the effects of temperature on the fluidity of phospholipids, the above results are discussed in this context. ..
- . Letter: Dyskinesia associated with chronic antihistamine use. N Engl J Med. 1976;294:113 pubmed
- Grimm R, Leung D, Black I, Stewart W, Thomas J, Klein A. Left atrial appendage "stunning" after spontaneous conversion of atrial fibrillation demonstrated by transesophageal Doppler echocardiography. Am Heart J. 1995;130:174-6 pubmed
- Goetz A. The evolutionary psychology of violence. Psicothema. 2010;22:15-21 pubmed..Finally, I suggest that greater progress will be made by shifting the study from contexts to mechanisms. ..
- Duggleby R, Kaplan H. A competitive labeling method for the determination of the chemical properties of solitary functional groups in proteins. Biochemistry. 1975;14:5168-75 pubmed
- Haveman J, Lavorel J. Identification of the 120 mus phase in the decay of delayed fluorescence in spinach chloroplasts and subchloroplast particles as the intrinsic back reaction. The dependence of the level of this phase on the thylakoids internal pH. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1975;408:269-38 pubmed..Photobiol. 17, 333-342. The redox state of Z+ is dependent on the internal pH of the thylakoids. The results on the effect of pH in the mus region are compared with those obtained in the ms region. ..
- Harper R, Flaxman B. Effect of pharmacological agents on human keratinocyte mitosis in vitro. II. Inhibition by catecholamines. J Cell Physiol. 1975;86:293-9 pubmed..These data suggest that while beta receptors may be involved in the catecholamine-induced mitotic inhibition of human keratinocytes in vitro, the nature of the receptor-molecule interaction may be complex. ..
- Navedo M, Cheng E, Yuan C, Votaw S, Molkentin J, Scott J, et al. Increased coupled gating of L-type Ca2+ channels during hypertension and Timothy syndrome. Circ Res. 2010;106:748-56 pubmed publisher..Coupled gating of Cav1.2 channels may represent a novel mechanism for the regulation of Ca(2+) influx and excitability in neurons, cardiac, and arterial smooth muscle under physiological and pathological conditions...
- Bélanger L, Coulombe R, Wanis L, Roch G. [Acute confusion. Publication of our May/June edition on creating a very interesting exchange. Here it is]. Perspect Infirm. 2009;6:15 pubmed
- Anderson T, Slotkin T. Maturation of the adrenal medulla--IV. Effects of morphine. Biochem Pharmacol. 1975;24:1469-74 pubmed
- Jolly R, Thompson K, Winchester B. Bovine mannosidosis--a model lysosomal storage disease. Birth Defects Orig Artic Ser. 1975;11:273-8 pubmed
- Kreuzer W. Ecological observation of the 137Cs-contamination in beef of animals from the southern-Bavarian area. Environ Qual Saf. 1975;4:24-36 pubmed
- Ledbetter M, Hotchkiss R. Recombination as a requirement for segregation of a partially diploid mutant of Pneumococcus. Genetics. 1975;80:679-94 pubmed..This fact may indicate limits upon the type of recombination event responsible for segregation. ..
- Starratt A, Brown B. Structure of the pentapeptide proctolin, a proposed neurotransmitter in insects. Life Sci. 1975;17:1253-6 pubmed
- Fowler N, McCall D, Chou T, Holmes J, Hanenson I. Electrocardiographic changes and cardiac arrhythmias in patients receiving psychotropic drugs. Am J Cardiol. 1976;37:223-30 pubmed..A prospective clinical trial is suggested to quantify the risk of cardiac complications to patients receiving phenothiazines or tricyclic antidepressant drugs. ..