Affiliation: Humboldt University
- Gräser Y, Fröhlich J, Presber W, de Hoog S. Microsatellite markers reveal geographic population differentiation in Trichophyton rubrum. J Med Microbiol. 2007;56:1058-65 pubmed..Four of the developed microsatellite markers may be applied for diagnostic purposes...
- de Hoog G, Dukik K, Monod M, Packeu A, Stubbe D, Hendrickx M, et al. Toward a Novel Multilocus Phylogenetic Taxonomy for the Dermatophytes. Mycopathologia. 2017;182:5-31 pubmed publisher..Two new genera are introduced: Guarromyces and Paraphyton. The number of genera has increased, but species that are relevant to routine diagnostics now belong to smaller groups, which enhances their identification. ..
- Graser Y, El Fari M, Vilgalys R, Kuijpers A, de Hoog G, Presber W, et al. Phylogeny and taxonomy of the family Arthrodermataceae (dermatophytes) using sequence analysis of the ribosomal ITS region. Med Mycol. 1999;37:105-14 pubmed..Weighting of transversions over transitions did not improve the status of poorly supported branches of the tree...
- Graser Y, Kuijpers A, Presber W, de Hoog G. Molecular taxonomy of the Trichophyton rubrum complex. J Clin Microbiol. 2000;38:3329-36 pubmed..nigricans, Trichophyton soudanense, Trichophyton violaceum var. indicum, and Trichophyton yaoundei) were reclassified or synonymized as T. rubrum or T. violaceum...
- Graser Y, de Hoog S, Summerbell R. Dermatophytes: recognizing species of clonal fungi. Med Mycol. 2006;44:199-209 pubmed..The application of the different species concepts may have an enormous impact on the nomenclature of dermatophytes, directly affecting the quality of communications with care providers. ..
- Gräser Y, Scott J, Summerbell R. The new species concept in dermatophytes-a polyphasic approach. Mycopathologia. 2008;166:239-56 pubmed publisher..The molecular data require some reinterpretation of results seen in conventional phenotypic tests, but in most cases, phylogenetic insight is readily integrated with current laboratory testing procedures...