- Wodarz A, Ramrath A, Kuchinke U, Knust E. Bazooka provides an apical cue for Inscuteable localization in Drosophila neuroblasts. Nature. 1999;402:544-7 pubmed..As Bazooka is also responsible for the maintenance of apical-basal polarity in epithelial tissues, it may be the missing link between epithelial polarity and neuroblast polarity. ..
- Wodarz A, Nusse R. Mechanisms of Wnt signaling in development. Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol. 1998;14:59-88 pubmed..Here we review recent data that have started to unravel the mechanisms of Wnt signaling. ..
- Wodarz A, Ramrath A, Grimm A, Knust E. Drosophila atypical protein kinase C associates with Bazooka and controls polarity of epithelia and neuroblasts. J Cell Biol. 2000;150:1361-74 pubmed..This study is the first functional analysis of an atypical protein kinase C isoform using a loss-of-function allele in a genetically tractable organism. ..
- Wodarz A. Tumor suppressors: linking cell polarity and growth control. Curr Biol. 2000;10:R624-6 pubmed..Mutations in any of these genes lead to loss of apical-basal cell polarity and overproliferation of epithelia, revealing a close connection between cytoarchitecture and growth control. ..
- Wodarz A. Establishing cell polarity in development. Nat Cell Biol. 2002;4:E39-44 pubmed..There is growing evidence that the proteins encoded by these genes interact with key regulators of both the actin and the microtubule cytoskeletons. ..