Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: DSMZ-German Collection of Microorganisms and Cell Cultures
- Nagel S, Scherr M, Kel A, Hornischer K, Crawford G, Kaufmann M, et al. Activation of TLX3 and NKX2-5 in t(5;14)(q35;q32) T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia by remote 3'-BCL11B enhancers and coregulation by PU.1 and HMGA1. Cancer Res. 2007;67:1461-71 pubmed..Our data document homeobox gene dysregulation by a novel regulatory region at 3'-BCL11B responsive to histone deacetylase inhibition and highlight a novel class of potential therapeutic target amid noncoding DNA. ..
- Nagel S, Meyer C, Quentmeier H, Kaufmann M, Drexler H, MacLeod R. MEF2C is activated by multiple mechanisms in a subset of T-acute lymphoblastic leukemia cell lines. Leukemia. 2008;22:600-7 pubmed..Taken together, our data identify distinct mechanisms underlying ectopic MEF2C expression in T-ALL, either as a downstream target of NKX2-5, or via chromosomal aberrations deleting proximal gene regions. ..
- Nagel S, Venturini L, Meyer C, Kaufmann M, Scherr M, Drexler H, et al. Multiple mechanisms induce ectopic expression of LYL1 in subsets of T-ALL cell lines. Leuk Res. 2010;34:521-8 pubmed publisher....
- Nagel S, Venturini L, Przybylski G, Grabarczyk P, Meyer C, Kaufmann M, et al. NK-like homeodomain proteins activate NOTCH3-signaling in leukemic T-cells. BMC Cancer. 2009;9:371 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that reduction of NOTCH3-signaling by physiological downregulation of MSX2 expression during T-cell development is abrogated by ectopic expression of oncogenic NKLs, substituting MSX2 function. ..
- Nagel S, Leich E, Quentmeier H, Meyer C, Kaufmann M, Zaborski M, et al. Amplification at 11q23 targets protein kinase SIK2 in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. Leuk Lymphoma. 2010;51:881-91 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, identification of SIK2 as an amplification target highlights this kinase along with its regulatory network as potential therapeutic targets in DLBCL. ..
- Nagel S, Venturini L, Przybylski G, Grabarczyk P, Schneider B, Meyer C, et al. Activation of Paired-homeobox gene PITX1 by del(5)(q31) in T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Leuk Lymphoma. 2011;52:1348-59 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data show leukemic activation of PITX1, a novice PRD-class homeobox gene in a subset of early-staged T-ALL, which may promote leukemogenesis by inhibiting T-cell development. ..
- Nagel S, Schneider B, Rosenwald A, Meyer C, Kaufmann M, Drexler H, et al. t(4;8)(q27;q24) in Hodgkin lymphoma cells targets phosphodiesterase PDE5A and homeobox gene ZHX2. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2011;50:996-1009 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we have identified a novel aberration with recurrent breakpoints in HL, t(4;8)(q27;q24), which activate PDE5A and repress ZHX2, deregulating apoptosis, differentiation, and STAT1-signaling in HL cells...
- Nagel S, Burek C, Venturini L, Scherr M, Quentmeier H, Meyer C, et al. Comprehensive analysis of homeobox genes in Hodgkin lymphoma cell lines identifies dysregulated expression of HOXB9 mediated via ERK5 signaling and BMI1. Blood. 2007;109:3015-23 pubmed..In summary, we identified up-regulation of HOXB9 in HL mediated by constitutively active ERK5 signaling which may represent novel therapeutic targets in HL. ..
- Nagel S, Leich E, Quentmeier H, Meyer C, Kaufmann M, Drexler H, et al. Amplification at 7q22 targets cyclin-dependent kinase 6 in T-cell lymphoma. Leukemia. 2008;22:387-92 pubmed..Taken together, analysis of the 7q22 amplicon identified CDK6 as an important cell cycle regulator in T-cell lymphomas, representing a novel potential target for rational therapy. ..
- Nagel S, Venturini L, Marquez V, Meyer C, Kaufmann M, Scherr M, et al. Polycomb repressor complex 2 regulates HOXA9 and HOXA10, activating ID2 in NK/T-cell lines. Mol Cancer. 2010;9:151 pubmed publisher..Our results show that major differentiation factors of the NK-cell lineage, including HOXA9, HOXA10 and ID2, were (de)regulated via PRC2 which therefore contributes to T-cell leukemogenesis. ..
- Nagel S, Schneider B, Meyer C, Kaufmann M, Drexler H, MacLeod R. Transcriptional deregulation of homeobox gene ZHX2 in Hodgkin lymphoma. Leuk Res. 2012;36:646-55 pubmed publisher..Moreover, chromosomal deregulations of genes involved in this regulative network highlight their role in development and malignancy of B-cells. ..
- Nagel S, Ehrentraut S, Tomasch J, Lienenklaus S, Schneider B, Geffers R, et al. Transcriptional activation of prostate specific homeobox gene NKX3-1 in subsets of T-cell lymphoblastic leukemia (T-ALL). PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40747 pubmed publisher..These results may contribute to the understanding of leukemic transcriptional networks underlying disturbed T-cell differentiation in T-ALL. ..