Affiliation: Dermatopathologische Gemeinschaftspraxis
- Mentzel T, Rutten A, Hantschke M, Hornick J, Brenn T. S-100 protein expressing spindle cells in spindle cell lipoma: a diagnostic pitfall. Virchows Arch. 2016;469:435-8 pubmed publisher..S-100-expression in spindle cell lipoma may cause problems in the differential diagnosis with neural and melanocytic neoplasms and emphasizes the plasticity of the spindle cells in spindle cell lipoma. ..
- Mentzel T, Palmedo G, Hantschke M, Woziwodzki J, Beck C. Mixed-type liposarcoma: clinicopathological, immunohistochemical, and molecular analysis of a case arising in deep soft tissues of the lower extremity. Virchows Arch. 2008;453:197-201 pubmed publisher....
- Mentzel T. [Spindle cell rhabdomyosarcoma in adults: a new entity in the spectrum of malignant mesenchymal tumors of soft tissues]. Pathologe. 2010;31:91-6 pubmed publisher....
- Mentzel T, Requena L, Brenn T. Atypical Fibroxanthoma Revisited. Surg Pathol Clin. 2017;10:319-335 pubmed publisher..If strict diagnostic criteria are applied, the clinical behavior of AFX is benign in most cases, and complete excision represents the treatment of choice. ..
- Mentzel T, Brenn T. Malignant mesenchymal neoplasms of the dermis and subcutis mimicking benign lesions: a case-based review. Virchows Arch. 2017;471:565-574 pubmed publisher....
- Mentzel T, Schildhaus H, Palmedo G, Buttner R, Kutzner H. Postradiation cutaneous angiosarcoma after treatment of breast carcinoma is characterized by MYC amplification in contrast to atypical vascular lesions after radiotherapy and control cases: clinicopathological, immunohistochemical and molecular analy. Mod Pathol. 2012;25:75-85 pubmed publisher..Immunohistochemical stainings for MYC are useful for mapping of these lesions and for careful tumor margin control. ..
- Mentzel T, Kiss K. Reduced H3K27me3 expression in radiation-associated angiosarcoma of the breast. Virchows Arch. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Loss of H3K27me3 is typically seen in radiation-associated angiosarcomas, representing an additional diagnostic tool and raises questions in regard to the carcinogenesis of malignant vascular neoplasms...