Alain Bertrand Dongmo
- Beppe G, Dongmo A, Foyet H, Dimo T, Mihasan M, Hritcu L. The aqueous extract of Albizia adianthifolia leaves attenuates 6-hydroxydopamine-induced anxiety, depression and oxidative stress in rat amygdala. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2015;15:374 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the aqueous extract ameliorates 6-OHDA-induced anxiety and depression by attenuation of the oxidative stress in the rat amygdala. These pieces of evidence accentuate its use in traditional medicine. ..
- Nyadjeu P, Nguelefack Mbuyo E, Atsamo A, Nguelefack T, Dongmo A, Kamanyi A. Acute and chronic antihypertensive effects of Cinnamomum zeylanicum stem bark methanol extract in L-NAME-induced hypertensive rats. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2013;13:27 pubmed publisher..The present work investigates the acute and chronic antihypertensive effects of the methanol extract of Cinnamomum zeylanicum stem bark (MECZ) in L-NAME-induced hypertensive rats...
- Dongmo A, Azebaze A, Donfack F, Dimo T, Nkeng Efouet P, Devkota K, et al. Pentacyclic triterpenoids and ceramide mediate the vasorelaxant activity of Vitex cienkowskii via involvement of NO/cGMP pathway in isolated rat aortic rings. J Ethnopharmacol. 2011;133:204-12 pubmed publisher..Vitex cienkowskii extract possesses antioxidant property, vasorelaxing, and hypotensive effect linked to the endothelium related factors, where nitric oxide is involved. ..
- Fongang A, Laure Nguemfo E, Djouatsa Nangue Y, Bogning Zangueu C, Fouokeng Y, Azebaze A, et al. Antinociceptive and anti-inflammatory effects of the methanolic stem bark extract of Antrocaryon klaineanum Pierre (Anacardiaceae) in mice and rat. J Ethnopharmacol. 2017;203:11-19 pubmed publisher..Further investigation could reveal metabolites of the extract responsible for the observed effects. ..
- Dongmo A, Azebaze A, Nguelefack T, Ouahouo B, Sontia B, Meyer M, et al. Vasodilator effect of the extracts and some coumarins from the stem bark of Mammea africana (Guttiferae). J Ethnopharmacol. 2007;111:329-34 pubmed..The mechanisms of the vasorelaxant effect might therefore be multiple, including endothelium dependence and the mechanisms, which interfere with the liberation of Ca(2+) into the muscle cell...