Genomes and Genes
- Bringaud F, Garcia Perez J, Heras S, Ghedin E, El Sayed N, Andersson B, et al. Identification of non-autonomous non-LTR retrotransposons in the genome of Trypanosoma cruzi. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2002;124:73-8 pubmed..In addition, the genome of Leishmania major contains the same conserved motif present in the trypanosome retroelements, whicle no transposable elements have been detected so far in Leishmania sp. ..
- Bringaud F, Ghedin E, El Sayed N, Papadopoulou B. Role of transposable elements in trypanosomatids. Microbes Infect. 2008;10:575-81 pubmed publisher..In this review, we highlight the remarkable role extinct transposable elements can play as the source of potential new functions. ..
- Bringaud F, Baltz D, Baltz T. Functional and molecular characterization of a glycosomal PPi-dependent enzyme in trypanosomatids: pyruvate, phosphate dikinase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:7963-8 pubmed..The precise role of PPDK in trypanosomatid carbohydrate metabolism remains to be clarified...
- Bringaud F, Robinson D, Barradeau S, Biteau N, Baltz D, Baltz T. Characterization and disruption of a new Trypanosoma brucei repetitive flagellum protein, using double-stranded RNA inhibition. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2000;111:283-97 pubmed..hrucei. Molecular ablation of FTZC does not generate any obvious phenotype such as, lethality, modification of growth rate or cellular shape, in the growth conditions used...
- Bringaud F, Biteau N, Melville S, Hez S, El Sayed N, Leech V, et al. A new, expressed multigene family containing a hot spot for insertion of retroelements is associated with polymorphic subtelomeric regions of Trypanosoma brucei. Eukaryot Cell. 2002;1:137-51 pubmed..brucei strain TREU927/4 GUTat10.1. RHS genes comprise the remaining sequence of the size-polymorphic "repetitive region" described for T. brucei chromosome I, and a homologous gene family is present in the Trypanosoma cruzi genome...