- Age-structured gametocyte allocation links immunity to epidemiology in malaria parasitesRichard E Paul
Laboratoire d entomologie médicale, Institut Pasteur de Dakar, 36 Avenue Pasteur, BP 220 Dakar, Senegal
Malar J 6:123. 2007..It is still not known what governs the duration of an infection and how within-human parasite dynamics relate to malaria epidemiology...
- Transstadial and transovarial persistence of Babesia divergens DNA in Ixodes ricinus ticks fed on infected blood in a new skin-feeding techniqueS Bonnet
UMR ENVN INRA 1034, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire de Nantes, Interactions Hôte Parasite Milieu, Atlanpole La Chantrerie, B P 40706, 44307 Nantes Cedex 03, France
Parasitology 134:197-207. 2007..ricinus via membrane as well as in vitro transmission of B. divergens to its vector. The opportunities offered by the use of such a transmission model of a pathogen by I. ricinus are discussed...
- Babesia sp. EU1 from roe deer and transmission within Ixodes ricinusSarah Bonnet
Department of Santé Animale, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Nantes, France
Emerg Infect Dis 13:1208-10. 2007..EU1 from blood samples of roe deer in France. This study provides evidence of transovarial and transstadial transmission of the parasite within Ixodes ricinus, which suggests that this tick could be a vector and reservoir of EU1...
- A Vegetation Index qualifying pasture edges is related to Ixodes ricinus density and to Babesia divergens seroprevalence in dairy cattle herdsAlbert Agoulon
LUNAM Université, ONIRIS, UMR 1300 Bio Agression, Epidémiologie et Analyse de Risque, Nantes, F 44307, France
Vet Parasitol 185:101-9. 2012..Given that the Vegetation Index is a steady indicator of the potential I. ricinus density in the biotope, we recommend that the risk of high B. divergens seroprevalence in cows be evaluated using this tool rather than drag samplings...
- Experimental in vitro transmission of Babesia sp. (EU1) by Ixodes ricinusSarah Bonnet
UMR ENVN, INRA 1300 BIOEPAR, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire de Nantes, Interactions Hôte Parasite Milieu, Atlanpole La Chantrerie, BP 40706, 44307 Nantes Cedex 03, France
Vet Res 40:21. 2009..We also demonstrate that infected females were able to transmit parasite DNA during a new blood meal. Together with previous epidemiological studies, these results validate I. ricinus as a competent vector for Babesia sp. (EU1)...
- Babesia and its hosts: adaptation to long-lasting interactions as a way to achieve efficient transmissionAlain Chauvin
Ecole Nationale Veterinaire, UMR 1300 BioEpAR, ENVN, Atlanpole La Chantrerie, BP 40706, F 44307 Nantes Cedex 03, France
Vet Res 40:37. 2009..The molecular bases of these adaptations in vertebrate hosts are partially known but few of the tick-host interaction mechanisms have been elucidated...
- Identification of three CCp genes in Babesia divergens: novel markers for sexual stages parasitesC A M Becker
UMR INRA ONIRIS 1300 BioEpAR, ITPH Group, Nantes, France
Mol Biochem Parasitol 174:36-43. 2010..divergens orthologs (bdccp1, bdccp2, and bdccp3) corresponding to newly identified genes in this parasite. The opportunities offered by such markers to study parasite development in its vector are discussed...
- Transmission of Bartonella henselae by Ixodes ricinusViolaine Cotte
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Maisons Alfort, France
Emerg Infect Dis 14:1074-80. 2008..henselae in salivary glands after a second meal, and transmission of viable and infective B. henselae from ticks to blood. These results provide evidence that I. ricinus is a competent vector for B. henselae...