- CD28/CTLA4 gene region on chromosome 2q33 confers genetic susceptibility to celiac disease. A linkage and family-based association study
Tissue Typing Laboratory, FRC Blood Transfusion Service, Helsinki, Finland
Tissue Antigens 53:470-5. 1999
..Like the HLA, the CD28/CTLA4 genes appear to be associated with genetic susceptibility to various autoimmune diseases...
- Screening of candidate regulators for cellulase and hemicellulase production in Trichoderma reesei and identification of a factor essential for cellulase production
VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, PO Box 1000 Tietotie 2, Espoo FI 02044, VTT, Finland
Biotechnol Biofuels 7:14. 2014
..Several regulators affecting the expression of cellulase and hemicellulase genes have been identified but more factors still unknown are believed to be present in the genome of T. reesei...
- Investigation of protein secretion and secretion stress in Ashbya gossypii
Tatiana Q Aguiar
CEB Centre of Biological Engineering, University of Minho, 4710 057 Braga, Portugal
BMC Genomics 15:1137. 2014
..To gain insight into the protein secretory pathway of this biotechnologically relevant fungus, we undertook genome-wide analyses to explore its secretome and its transcriptional responses to protein secretion stress...
- Re-annotation of the CAZy genes of Trichoderma reesei and transcription in the presence of lignocellulosic substrates
VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, Tietotie 2, Espoo, FI 02044, VTT, Finland
Microb Cell Fact 11:134. 2012
..Plenty of data exists on the carbon source dependent regulation of the characterised hydrolytic genes. However, information on the expression of the novel CAZyme genes, especially on complex biomass material, is very limited...
- Array comparative genomic hybridization analysis of Trichoderma reesei strains with enhanced cellulase production properties
VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, FI 02044 VTT, Espoo, Finland
BMC Genomics 11:441. 2010
- Optimization of cDNA-AFLP experiments using genomic sequence data
Department of Computer Science, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, PO Box 68, FIN 00014, Finland
Bioinformatics 21:2573-9. 2005
..Our aim was to test whether this workload can be reduced by rational design of the experiment...
- Discovery of a new tyrosinase-like enzyme family lacking a C-terminally processed domain: production and characterization of an Aspergillus oryzae catechol oxidase
VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, P O Box 1000, Espoo, 02044 VTT, Finland
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 86:213-26. 2010
..6. AoCO4 showed good pH stability within a neutral and alkaline pH range and good thermostability up to 60 degrees C. The UV-visible and circular dichroism spectroscopic analysis suggested that the folding of the protein was correct...
- Characterisation of the gene cluster for l-rhamnose catabolism in the yeast Scheffersomyces (Pichia) stipitis
Outi M Koivistoinen
VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, Espoo, Finland
Gene 492:177-85. 2012
..stipitis. We expressed the L-rhamnonate dehydratase, Lra3p, in Saccharomyces cerevisiae, estimated the kinetic constants of the protein and showed that it indeed has activity with L-rhamnonate...
- A highly sensitive and multiplexed method for focused transcript analysis
VTT Biotechnology, Tietotie 2, 02044 VTT, Finland
J Microbiol Methods 67:102-13. 2006
..5 ng of the total mRNA sample. The method is fast and simple and avoids cDNA conversion. These qualifications make it a potential, new means for routine analysis and a complementing method for microarrays and high density chips...
- Genome wide analysis of protein production load in Trichoderma reesei
Tiina M Pakula
VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, Tietotie 2, P O Box FI 1000, 02044 Espoo, Finland
Biotechnol Biofuels 9:132. 2016
..reesei the transcriptional regulation of cellulases and secretory pathway factors have been extensively studied. However, the metabolism of T. reesei under protein production conditions has not received much attention...
- Common features and interesting differences in transcriptional responses to secretion stress in the fungi Trichoderma reesei and Saccharomyces cerevisiae
VTT Biotechnology, Tietotie 2, Espoo, PL 1500, 02044 VTT, Finland
BMC Genomics 7:32. 2006
..This study aims at uncovering transcriptional responses occurring in the filamentous fungi Trichoderma reesei exposed to secretion stress and comparing these to those found in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- Comparison of protein coding gene contents of the fungal phyla Pezizomycotina and Saccharomycotina
VTT, Tietotie 2, Espoo, P, O, Box 1500, 02044 VTT, Finland
BMC Genomics 8:325. 2007
..We have carried out a computational genome wide comparison of protein coding gene content of Saccharomycotina and Pezizomycotina, which include industrially important yeasts and filamentous fungi, respectively...
- Detecting novel genes with sparse arrays
VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, Tietotie 2, PO Box FI 1000, 02044 VTT, Espoo, Finland
Gene 467:41-51. 2010
..Candidate genes were found to neighbour ire1 and cre1 and many other regulatory genes. Our simple, low-cost method can easily be applied to finding novel species-specific genes without prior knowledge of their sequence properties...
- Correlation of gene expression and protein production rate - a system wide study
VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, Tietotie 2, P, O, Box FI 1000, 02044 VTT, Espoo, Finland
BMC Genomics 12:616. 2011
..Interestingly, it exhibits a low growth rate protein production phenotype...
- Assigning probes into a small number of pools separable by electrophoresis
Department of Computer Science, University of Helsinki, Teollisuuskatu 23, Helsinki, PO Box 26, FIN 00014, Finland
Bioinformatics 18:S199-206. 2002
..Identification of expressed RNA is given by probe pool and probe size while quantification is given by the label of the probe, e.g. fluorescence intensity...
- Genome sequencing and analysis of the biomass-degrading fungus Trichoderma reesei (syn. Hypocrea jecorina)
Los Alamos National Laboratory Joint Genome Institute, PO Box 1663, Los Alamos, New Mexico 87545, USA
Nat Biotechnol 26:553-60. 2008
..Our analysis, coupled with the genome sequence data, provides a roadmap for constructing enhanced T. reesei strains for industrial applications such as biofuel production...