Arja T Erkkilä
Affiliation: University of Kuopio
- Erkkilä A, Booth S, Hu F, Jacques P, Manson J, Rexrode K, et al. Phylloquinone intake as a marker for coronary heart disease risk but not stroke in women. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2005;59:196-204 pubmed..Dietary and lifestyle patterns associated with phylloquinone intakes, rather than intake of the nutrient itself, might account for all or part of the weak association. . ..
- Erkkilä A, Booth S, Hu F, Jacques P, Lichtenstein A. Phylloquinone intake and risk of cardiovascular diseases in men. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2007;17:58-62 pubmed..These results suggest that although not an independent risk factor, high phylloquinone intake may be a marker of dietary patterns associated with lower CHD risk and useful when used within that context. ..
- Erkkilä A, Lindi V, Lehto S, Pyorala K, Laakso M, Uusitupa M. Variation in the fatty acid binding protein 2 gene is not associated with markers of metabolic syndrome in patients with coronary heart disease. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2002;12:53-9 pubmed..The Ala54Thr polymorphism of the FABP2 gene is not associated with CHD, markers of the metabolic syndrome, or the fatty acid profile of serum lipids in Finnish CHD patients. ..
- Erkkilä A, Lindi V, Lehto S, Laakso M, Uusitupa M. Association of leucine 7 to proline 7 polymorphism in the preproneuropeptide Y with serum lipids in patients with coronary heart disease. Mol Genet Metab. 2002;75:260-4 pubmed..In conclusion, the Pro7 allele in the NPY gene was associated with higher serum total cholesterol concentration only in women with CHD who did not use lipid-lowering drugs. ..
- Erkkilä A, Schwab U, Agren J, Hallikainen M, Gylling H, Uusitupa M. Moderate increase in dietary sucrose does not influence fasting or postprandial serum lipids regardless of the presence of apolipoprotein E2 allele in healthy subjects. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2007;61:1094-101 pubmed..Neither were there any changes in postprandial lipid or insulin responses. Moderate increase in sucrose intake does not affect fasting or postprandial serum lipid responses in healthy subjects with or without the epsilon 2 allele. ..