Affiliation: Masaryk Memorial Cancer Institute
Country: Czech Republic
- Slaby O, Svoboda M, Michalek J, Vyzula R. MicroRNAs in colorectal cancer: translation of molecular biology into clinical application. Mol Cancer. 2009;8:102 pubmed publisher..In this review, we summarize the knowledge regarding miRNAs' functioning in CRC while emphasizing their significance in pathogenetic signaling pathways and their potential to serve as disease biomarkers and novel therapeutic targets. ..
- Slaby O, Sachlova M, Bednarikova M, Fabian P, Svoboda M, Vytopilova S, et al. Gene expression of somatostatin receptor 4 predicts clinical outcome of patients with metastatic neuroendocrine tumors treated with somatostatin analogs. Cancer Biother Radiopharm. 2010;25:237-43 pubmed publisher..0357). These levels correlated with time to progression (p = 0.0015) and overall survival (p = 0.0017) in NET patients. ..
- Slaby O, Bienertova Vasku J, Svoboda M, Vyzula R. Genetic polymorphisms and microRNAs: new direction in molecular epidemiology of solid cancer. J Cell Mol Med. 2012;16:8-21 pubmed publisher..In this review, we provide a comprehensive list of potentially functional miRNA-related SNPs and summarize their importance as candidate cancer biomarkers. ..
- Slaby O, Sobkova K, Svoboda M, Garajova I, Fabian P, Hrstka R, et al. Significant overexpression of Hsp110 gene during colorectal cancer progression. Oncol Rep. 2009;21:1235-41 pubmed..031) and negative trend of HSP110 gene expression and overall survival of CRC patients. We suggest that HSP110 gene is a promising molecular predictor in CRC. ..
- Slaby O, Jancovicova J, Lakomy R, Svoboda M, Poprach A, Fabian P, et al. Expression of miRNA-106b in conventional renal cell carcinoma is a potential marker for prediction of early metastasis after nephrectomy. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2010;29:90 pubmed publisher..MicroRNAs are endogenously expressed regulatory noncoding RNAs. Previous studies have shown altered expression levels of several microRNAs in renal cell carcinoma...
- Fedorko M, Staník M, Iliev R, Redova Lojova M, Machackova T, Svoboda M, et al. Combination of MiR-378 and MiR-210 Serum Levels Enables Sensitive Detection of Renal Cell Carcinoma. Int J Mol Sci. 2015;16:23382-9 pubmed publisher..036) and clinical stage (p=0.0476). The analysis of serum miR-378 and miR-210 proved their potential to serve as powerful non-invasive diagnostic and prognostic biomarkers in RCC. ..