- Pivac N, Nedic G, Mustapic M, Babic A, Stipcevic T, Borovecki F, et al. The lack of genotype-phenotype relationship between platelet serotonin concentration and serotonin transporter gene promoter polymorphism in healthy subjects. Neurosci Lett. 2009;462:45-8 pubmed publisher....
- Perkovic M, Erjavec G, Strac D, Uzun S, Kozumplik O, Pivac N. Theranostic Biomarkers for Schizophrenia. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher....
- Nedic Erjavec G, Uzun S, Nikolac Perkovic M, Kozumplik O, Svob Strac D, Mimica N, et al. Cortisol in schizophrenia: No association with tobacco smoking, clinical symptoms or antipsychotic medication. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2017;77:228-235 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that smoking does not affect the cortisol response in schizophrenic patients as it has been shown in healthy individuals. Future studies should investigate a possible desensitization of the stress system to smoking. ..
- Pivac N, Knezevic J, Mustapic M, Dezeljin M, Muck Seler D, Kozaric Kovacic D, et al. The lack of association between monoamine oxidase (MAO) intron 13 polymorphism and platelet MAO-B activity among men. Life Sci. 2006;79:45-9 pubmed....
- Pivac N, Knezevic J, Kozaric Kovacic D, Dezeljin M, Mustapic M, Rak D, et al. Monoamine oxidase (MAO) intron 13 polymorphism and platelet MAO-B activity in combat-related posttraumatic stress disorder. J Affect Disord. 2007;103:131-8 pubmed..The results suggest that platelet MAO-B activity, controlled for smoking status, might be used as a peripheral marker of the psychotic symptoms in PTSD. ..
- Pivac N, Nikolac M, Nedic G, Mustapic M, Borovecki F, Hajnsek S, et al. Brain derived neurotrophic factor Val66Met polymorphism and psychotic symptoms in Alzheimer's disease. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2011;35:356-62 pubmed publisher....
- Nikolac Perkovic M, Svob Strac D, Nedic Erjavec G, Uzun S, Podobnik J, Kozumplik O, et al. Monoamine oxidase and agitation in psychiatric patients. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2016;69:131-46 pubmed publisher..As our study included 363 homogenous Caucasian male subjects, our data showing this negative genetic association will be a useful addition to future meta-analyses. ..
- Sagud M, Nikolac Perkovic M, Vuksan Cusa B, Maravic A, Svob Strac D, Mihaljevic Peles A, et al. A prospective, longitudinal study of platelet serotonin and plasma brain-derived neurotrophic factor concentrations in major depression: effects of vortioxetine treatment. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2016;233:3259-67 pubmed publisher..This study is the first to show that, in addition to clinical improvement, 4 weeks of treatment with vortioxetine (5-15 mg daily), decreased platelet 5-HT and increased plasma BDNF concentrations in depressed patients. ..
- Kovacic Petrovic Z, Nedic Erjavec G, Nikolac Perkovic M, Peraica T, Pivac N. No association between the serotonin transporter linked polymorphic region polymorphism and severity of posttraumatic stress disorder symptoms in combat veterans with or without comorbid depression. Psychiatry Res. 2016;244:376-81 pubmed publisher..The study confirmed, on ethnically homogenous groups of veterans with matched combat experience, a lack of association between the PTSD symptoms severity and 5-HTTLPR or platelet 5-HT concentration. ..
- Nedic Erjavec G, Konjevod M, Nikolac Perkovic M, Svob Strac D, Tudor L, Barbas C, et al. Short overview on metabolomic approach and redox changes in psychiatric disorders. Redox Biol. 2017;14:178-186 pubmed publisher....
- Havelka Mestrovic A, Tudor L, Nikolac Perkovic M, Nedic Erjavec G, Kovacic Petrovic Z, Svob Strac D, et al. Significant association between catechol-O-methyltransferase (COMT) Val158/108Met polymorphism and cognitive function in veterans with PTSD. Neurosci Lett. 2018;666:38-43 pubmed publisher..Our results provide the first evidence that the presence of one or two Met alleles of the COMT Val158/108Met might act as a protective variant in working memory tasks in combat exposed veterans with PTSD. ..