Affiliation: Northwest A and F University
- Shi H, Zhang C, Zhao W, Luo J, Loor J. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor delta facilitates lipid secretion and catabolism of fatty acids in dairy goat mammary epithelial cells. J Dairy Sci. 2017;100:797-806 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results highlight an important role for PPARD in the homeostasis of ruminant mammary cells by facilitating fatty acid activation and lipid droplet formation and secretion. ..
- Xu H, Luo J, Zhao W, Yang Y, Tian H, Shi H, et al. Overexpression of SREBP1 (sterol regulatory element binding protein 1) promotes de novo fatty acid synthesis and triacylglycerol accumulation in goat mammary epithelial cells. J Dairy Sci. 2016;99:783-95 pubmed publisher..Overall, the data provide strong support for a central role of SREBP1 in the regulation of milk fat synthesis in goat mammary cells. ..
- Li J, Luo J, Zhu J, Sun Y, Yao D, Shi H, et al. Regulation of the fatty acid synthase promoter by liver X receptor Î± through direct and indirect mechanisms in goat mammary epithelial cells. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2015;184:44-51 pubmed publisher..The present study provides insight into the transcriptional regulatory mechanisms controlling de novo fatty acid synthesis in GMECs. ..
- Shi H, Wu M, Zhu J, Zhang C, Yao D, Luo J, et al. Fatty acid elongase 6 plays a role in the synthesis of long-chain fatty acids in goat mammary epithelial cells. J Dairy Sci. 2017;100:4987-4995 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these are the first results highlighting an important role of ELOVL6 in long-chain fatty elongation and TAG synthesis in ruminant mammary cells. ..
- Shi H, Zhang C, Xu Z, Xu X, Lv Z, Luo J, et al. Nuclear receptor subfamily 1 group H member 2 (LXRB) is the predominant liver X receptor subtype regulating transcription of 2 major lipogenic genes in goat primary mammary epithelial cells. J Dairy Sci. 2017;100:6743-6752 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results highlight an important role for LXRB in the transcriptional regulation of SREBP1c and FASN in goat mammary epithelial cells. Activation of this nuclear receptor controls lipogenesis via different mechanisms. ..
- Li J, Luo J, Wang H, Shi H, Zhu J, Sun Y, et al. Adipose triglyceride lipase regulates lipid metabolism in dairy goat mammary epithelial cells. Gene. 2015;554:125-30 pubmed publisher..05). In conclusion, these data suggest that the ATGL gene plays an important role in triglyceride lipolysis in GMECs and provides the first experimental evidence that ATGL may be involved in lipid metabolism during lactation. ..
- Zhu J, Luo J, Xu H, Wang H, Loor J. Short communication: Altered expression of specificity protein 1 impairs milk fat synthesis in goat mammary epithelial cells. J Dairy Sci. 2016;99:4893-4898 pubmed publisher..5%, respectively, after adenoviral overexpression of SP1 or its silencing via siRNA. Overall, the results underscored a potentially important role of SP1 in maintaining milk-fat droplet synthesis in goat mammary epithelial cells. ..
- Chen Z, Qiu H, Ma L, Luo J, Sun S, Kang K, et al. miR-30e-5p and miR-15a Synergistically Regulate Fatty Acid Metabolism in Goat Mammary Epithelial Cells via LRP6 and YAP1. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed..The data expanded our knowledge on the function of miRNAs in milk fat metabolism and synthesis in ruminant mammary cells. ..
- Wang H, Luo J, He Q, Yao D, Wu J, Loor J. miR-26b promoter analysis reveals regulatory mechanisms by lipid-related transcription factors in goat mammary epithelial cells. J Dairy Sci. 2017;100:5837-5849 pubmed publisher..Overall, these findings contribute to our understanding of the interactions between specific promoter elements and the control of transcription and translation of miRNA. ..
- Chen Z, Shi H, Sun S, Luo J, Zhang W, Hou Y, et al. MiR-183 regulates milk fat metabolism via MST1 in goat mammary epithelial cells. Gene. 2018;646:12-19 pubmed publisher..Immunofluorescence assays revealed that miR-183 targets MST1 in the cytoplasm. In summary, data indicate that miR-183 inhibits the metabolism of milk fat by targeting the MST1 gene in the cytoplasm in goat mammary epithelial cells. ..
- Zhu J, Sun Y, Luo J, Wu M, Li J, Cao Y. Specificity protein 1 regulates gene expression related to fatty acid metabolism in goat mammary epithelial cells. Int J Mol Sci. 2015;16:1806-20 pubmed publisher..These results were further enhanced by the silencing of SP1. These findings suggest that SP1 may play an important role in fatty acid metabolism. ..