P P Shen
Affiliation: Nanjing University
- Feng X, Weng D, Zhou F, Owen Y, Qin H, Zhao J, et al. Activation of PPAR? by a Natural Flavonoid Modulator, Apigenin Ameliorates Obesity-Related Inflammation Via Regulation of Macrophage Polarization. EBioMedicine. 2016;9:61-76 pubmed publisher..Unlike rosiglitazone, apigenin does not cause significant weight gain, osteoporosis et al. Our findings identify apigenin as a modulator of PPAR? and a potential lead compound for treatment of metabolic disorders. ..
- Feng X, Yu W, Zhou F, Chen J, Shen P. A novel small molecule compound diaporine inhibits breast cancer cell proliferation via promoting ROS generation. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;83:1038-1047 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest that diaporine can act as an anti-cancer agent and this function is dependent on promoting high level ROS release of cancer cells. ..
- Bei Y, Chen J, Zhou F, Huang Y, Jiang N, Tan R, et al. BZ-26, a novel GW9662 derivate, attenuated inflammation by inhibiting the differentiation and activation of inflammatory macrophages. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;84:730-739 pubmed publisher..All our data revealed that BZ-26 modulated LPS-induced acute inflammation via inhibiting inflammatory macrophages differentiation and activation, potentially via inhibition of NF-?B signal pathway. ..
- Feng X, Yu W, Li X, Zhou F, Zhang W, Shen Q, et al. Apigenin, a modulator of PPAR?, attenuates HFD-induced NAFLD by regulating hepatocyte lipid metabolism and oxidative stress via Nrf2 activation. Biochem Pharmacol. 2017;136:136-149 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our results indicate that Api ameliorates NAFLD by a novel regulating mode of Nrf2 and PPAR? in inhibiting lipid metabolism and oxidative stress abnormity. ..
- Lu Y, Zhang Y, Li L, Feng X, Ding S, Zheng W, et al. TAB1: a target of triptolide in macrophages. Chem Biol. 2014;21:246-56 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that TP could be a selective small-molecule inhibitor of the TAK1-TAB1 complex and that TAB1 could be a potential therapeutic target in inflammatory disease. ..
- Niu Z, Shi Q, Zhang W, Shu Y, Yang N, Chen B, et al. Caspase-1 cleaves PPAR? for potentiating the pro-tumor action of TAMs. Nat Commun. 2017;8:766 pubmed publisher....