Affiliation: Nanjing Medical University
- Zhou L, Yin J, Wang C, Liao J, Liu G, Chen L. Lack of seipin in neurons results in anxiety- and depression-like behaviors via down regulation of PPAR?. Hum Mol Genet. 2014;23:4094-102 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results indicate that neuronal seipin deficiency causing reduced PPAR? levels leads to affective disorders in male mice that are rescued by E2-increased PPAR? expression. ..
- Li G, Zhou L, Zhu Y, Wang C, Sha S, Xian X, et al. Seipin knockout in mice impairs stem cell proliferation and progenitor cell differentiation in the adult hippocampal dentate gyrus via reduced levels of PPAR?. Dis Model Mech. 2015;8:1615-24 pubmed publisher....
- Zhou L, Chen T, Li G, Wu C, Wang C, Li L, et al. Activation of PPARÎ³ Ameliorates Spatial Cognitive Deficits through Restoring Expression of AMPA Receptors in Seipin Knock-Out Mice. J Neurosci. 2016;36:1242-53 pubmed publisher..The PPARÎ³ agonist rosiglitazone can ameliorate spatial cognitive deficits and rescue the LTP induction in seipin knock-out mice by restoring AMPA receptor expression and ERK-CREB activities. ..
- Chen T, Wang C, Sha S, Zhou L, Chen L, Chen L. Simvastatin Enhances Spatial Memory and Long-Term Potentiation in Hippocampal CA1 via Upregulation of ?7 Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor. Mol Neurobiol. 2016;53:4060-4072 pubmed publisher..The findings indicate that the administration of SV through reducing FPP increases ?7nAChR expression and ?7nAChR-related Akt and ERK2 phosphorylation, leading to LTP enhancement and spatial cognitive potentiation. ..
- Zhang Z, Hong J, Zhang S, Zhang T, Sha S, Yang R, et al. Postpartum estrogen withdrawal impairs hippocampal neurogenesis and causes depression- and anxiety-like behaviors in mice. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2016;66:138-49 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results indicate that postpartum estrogen withdrawal impairs hippocampal neurogenesis in mice that show depression- and anxiety-like behaviors. ..
- Zhao L, Chen T, Wang C, Li G, Zhi W, Yin J, et al. Atorvastatin in improvement of cognitive impairments caused by amyloid Î² in mice: involvement of inflammatory reaction. BMC Neurol. 2016;16:18 pubmed publisher..These protective functions of ATV involved the pathway of reducing farnesyl pyrophosphate (FPP). ..
- Feng X, Cao X, Zhao S, Wang X, Hua X, Chen L, et al. Exposure of Pregnant Mice to Perfluorobutanesulfonate Causes Hypothyroxinemia and Developmental Abnormalities in Female Offspring. Toxicol Sci. 2017;155:409-419 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that prenatal PFBS exposure (?200?mg/kg/day) causes permanent hypothyroxinemia accompanied by deficits in perinatal growth, pubertal onset, and reproductive organ development in female mice. ..
- Zhang B, Wang L, Chen T, Hong J, Sha S, Wang J, et al. Sigma-1 receptor deficiency reduces GABAergic inhibition in the basolateral amygdala leading to LTD impairment and depressive-like behaviors. Neuropharmacology. 2017;116:387-398 pubmed publisher....
- Hong J, Chen F, Wang X, Bai Y, Zhou R, Li Y, et al. Exposure of preimplantation embryos to low-dose bisphenol A impairs testes development and suppresses histone acetylation of StAR promoter to reduce production of testosterone in mice. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2016;427:101-11 pubmed publisher..These results provide evidence that exposure to BPA in preimplantation embryo retards the development of testes by reducing histone acetylation of the StAR promoter to disrupt the testicular testosterone synthesis. ..
- Chen T, Zhang B, Li G, Chen L, Chen L. Simvastatin enhances NMDA receptor GluN2B expression and phosphorylation of GluN2B and GluN2A through increased histone acetylation and Src signaling in hippocampal CA1 neurons. Neuropharmacology. 2016;107:411-421 pubmed publisher....
- Qian Y, Yin J, Hong J, Li G, Zhang B, Liu G, et al. Neuronal seipin knockout facilitates A?-induced neuroinflammation and neurotoxicity via reduction of PPAR? in hippocampus of mouse. J Neuroinflammation. 2016;13:145 pubmed publisher..Seipin deficiency in astrocytes increases GSK3? activity and levels of IL-6 and TNF-? through reducing PPAR?, which can facilitate A?25-35/1-42-induced neuroinflammation to cause the death of neuronal cells and cognitive deficits. ..
- Hong J, Wang L, Zhang T, Zhang B, Chen L. Sigma-1 receptor knockout increases ?-synuclein aggregation and phosphorylation with loss of dopaminergic neurons in substantia nigra. Neurobiol Aging. 2017;59:171-183 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that the ?1R deficiency through enhanced aggregation and phosphorylation of ?Syn causes the loss of dopaminergic neurons leading to the decline of motor coordination. ..
- Yang R, Zhang B, Chen T, Zhang S, Chen L. Postpartum estrogen withdrawal impairs GABAergic inhibition and LTD induction in basolateral amygdala complex via down-regulation of GPR30. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2017;27:759-772 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that postpartum E2 withdrawal causes dysfunction of GABAAR-mediated inhibition in the BLA through reducing GPR30 expression, which impairs LTD induction and causes anxiety-like behaviors. ..
- Xu Q, Ji X, Chi T, Liu P, Jin G, Chen L, et al. Sigma-1 receptor in brain ischemia/reperfusion: Possible role in the NR2A-induced pathway to regulate brain-derived neurotrophic factor. J Neurol Sci. 2017;376:166-175 pubmed publisher..The activation of Ïƒ1r improves the impairment of learning and memory in the ischemia/reperfusion model, and the expression of BDNF, which may have been achieved through the NR2A-CaMKIV-TORC1 pathway. ..
- Zhang S, Hong J, Zhang T, Wu J, Chen L. Activation of Sigma-1 Receptor Alleviates Postpartum Estrogen Withdrawal-Induced "Depression" Through Restoring Hippocampal nNOS-NO-CREB Activities in Mice. Mol Neurobiol. 2017;54:3017-3030 pubmed publisher..The findings indicate that the activation of ?1R can alleviate postpartum "depression" through increasing nNOS-NO-CREB activities. ..
- Zhang Y, Lv X, Bai Y, Zhu X, Wu X, Chao J, et al. Involvement of sigma-1 receptor in astrocyte activation induced by methamphetamine via up-regulation of its own expression. J Neuroinflammation. 2015;12:29 pubmed publisher..Understanding the regulation of ?-1R expression could provide insights into the development of potential therapeutic strategies for astrocyte activation induced by methamphetamine. ..
- Sha S, Xu J, Lu Z, Hong J, Qu W, Zhou J, et al. Lack of JWA Enhances Neurogenesis and Long-Term Potentiation in Hippocampal Dentate Gyrus Leading to Spatial Cognitive Potentiation. Mol Neurobiol. 2016;53:355-368 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that the JWA deficiency through cascading FAK-PI3K-Akt-mTOR pathway increases the newborn neurons and enhances the LTP induction in hippocampal DG, which leads to the spatial cognitive potentiation. ..