Affiliation: Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Duan J, Yin J, Ren W, Liu T, Cui Z, Huang X, et al. Dietary supplementation with L-glutamate and L-aspartate alleviates oxidative stress in weaned piglets challenged with hydrogen peroxide. Amino Acids. 2016;48:53-64 pubmed publisher..Thus, dietary supplementation with Glu or Asp alleviates growth suppression and oxidative stress, while restoring serum the amino acid pool in H2O2-challenged piglets. ..
- Yin J, Ren W, Huang X, Li T, Yin Y. Protein restriction and cancer. Biochim Biophys Acta Rev Cancer. 2018;1869:256-262 pubmed publisher..Together, dietary intervention aimed at reducing protein intake can be beneficial and has the potential to be widely adopted and effective in preventing and treating cancers. ..
- Wan D, Zhou X, Xie C, Shu X, Wu X, Yin Y. Toxicological evaluation of ferrous N-carbamylglycinate chelate: Acute, Sub-acute toxicity and mutagenicity. Regul Toxicol Pharmacol. 2015;73:644-51 pubmed publisher..On the basis of our findings, we conclude that ferrous N-carbamylglycinate is a low-toxic substance with no genotoxicity. ..
- Duan Y, Li F, Li Y, Tang Y, Kong X, Feng Z, et al. The role of leucine and its metabolites in protein and energy metabolism. Amino Acids. 2016;48:41-51 pubmed publisher..Leu and its metabolites hold great promise to enhance the growth and health of animals (including humans, birds and fish). ..
- Xie C, Guo X, Long C, Fan Z, Xiao D, Ruan Z, et al. Supplementation of the sow diet with chitosan oligosaccharide during late gestation and lactation affects hepatic gluconeogenesis of suckling piglets. Anim Reprod Sci. 2015;159:109-17 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, dietary supplementation of the diet with COS during late gestation and lactation reduced piglet hypoglycemia by stimulating hepatic gluconeogenesis and improved the growth rate of suckling piglets. ..
- Tan C, Zhai Z, Ni X, Wang H, Ji Y, Tang T, et al. Metabolomic Profiles Reveal Potential Factors that Correlate with Lactation Performance in Sow Milk. Sci Rep. 2018;8:10712 pubmed publisher..This study suggested that lactation performance may be associated with the levels of lactose and several amino acids in sow milk, and these results can be used to develop new feed additives to improve lactation performance in sows. ..
- Zhai Z, Ni X, Jin C, Ren W, Li J, Deng J, et al. Cecropin A Modulates Tight Junction-Related Protein Expression and Enhances the Barrier Function of Porcine Intestinal Epithelial Cells by Suppressing the MEK/ERK Pathway. Int J Mol Sci. 2018;19: pubmed publisher..We suggest that cecropin A has the potential to replace antibiotics in the treatment of IBD due to its antibacterial activity on gram-negative bacteria and its enhancement effect on intestinal barrier function. ..
- Wu X, Wan D, Xie C, Li T, Huang R, Shu X, et al. Acute and sub-acute oral toxicological evaluations and mutagenicity of N-carbamylglutamate (NCG). Regul Toxicol Pharmacol. 2015;73:296-302 pubmed publisher..On the basis of our findings, we conclude that NCG is a non-toxic substance with no genotoxicity. ..
- Jiang G, Li L, Fan J, Zhang B, Oso A, Xiao C, et al. Dietary soy isoflavones differentially regulate expression of the lipid-metabolic genes in different white adipose tissues of the female Bama mini-pigs. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;461:159-64 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that soy isoflavones affected the lipid metabolism in white adipose tissues of Bama mini-pigs in a site-specific manner, which might be mediated through PPARs and ERs regulated gene expression. ..
- Li F, Li Y, Duan Y, Hu C, Tang Y, Yin Y. Myokines and adipokines: Involvement in the crosstalk between skeletal muscle and adipose tissue. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 2017;33:73-82 pubmed publisher..This review focuses on the roles of and crosstalk between myokines and adipokines in skeletal muscle and adipose tissue that modulate the molecular events in the metabolic homeostasis of the whole body. ..
- Han H, Yin J, Wang B, Huang X, Yao J, Zheng J, et al. Effects of dietary lysine restriction on inflammatory responses in piglets. Sci Rep. 2018;8:2451 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, lysine restriction affected inflammatory responses in the kidney, liver, and spleen via mediating serum antibody volume, inflammatory cytokines, Tlrs system, and ERK1/2 and NF-ÎºB signals in piglets. ..
- Bai M, Liu H, Xu K, Oso A, Wu X, Liu G, et al. A review of the immunomodulatory role of dietary tryptophan in livestock and poultry. Amino Acids. 2017;49:67-74 pubmed publisher..It also highlights the areas in which our understanding of the role(s) of tryptophan is incomplete and suggests possible future research that might prove of benefit to livestock and poultry producers. ..
- Yin Y, Yao K, Liu Z, Gong M, Ruan Z, Deng D, et al. Supplementing L-leucine to a low-protein diet increases tissue protein synthesis in weanling pigs. Amino Acids. 2010;39:1477-86 pubmed publisher..These novel findings provide a molecular basis for designing effective nutritional means to increase the efficiency of nutrient utilization for protein accretion in neonates. ..
- Zhou Y, Ruan Z, Zhou L, Shu X, Sun X, Mi S, et al. Chlorogenic acid ameliorates endotoxin-induced liver injury by promoting mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;469:1083-9 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings suggest that the hepatoprotective effect of CGA might be associated with enhanced ATP production, the stimulation of mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation and the inhibition of glycolysis. ..
- Yin Y, Huang R, Li T, Ruan Z, Xie M, Deng Z, et al. Amino acid metabolism in the portal-drained viscera of young pigs: effects of dietary supplementation with chitosan and pea hull. Amino Acids. 2010;39:1581-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, this improved technique is useful to quantify in vivo absorption and metabolism of dietary AA in young pigs. ..
- He X, Duan Y, Yao K, Li F, Hou Y, Wu G, et al. ?-Hydroxy-?-methylbutyrate, mitochondrial biogenesis, and skeletal muscle health. Amino Acids. 2016;48:653-664 pubmed publisher..As a nitrogen-free metabolite, HMB holds great promise to improve skeletal muscle mass and function, as well as whole-body health and well-being of animals and humans. ..
- Xiong X, Yang H, Hu X, Wang X, Li B, Long L, et al. Differential proteome analysis along jejunal crypt-villus axis in piglets. Front Biosci (Landmark Ed). 2016;21:343-63 pubmed..Identification of BBM-associated proteins helps enhance our understanding of digestion and absorption in piglets and other mammals, including humans. ..
- Li Y, Yao J, Han C, Yang J, Chaudhry M, Wang S, et al. Quercetin, Inflammation and Immunity. Nutrients. 2016;8:167 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, further studies are needed to better characterize the mechanisms of action underlying the beneficial effects of quercetin on inflammation and immunity. ..
- Xie C, Wu X, Long C, Wang Q, Fan Z, Li S, et al. Chitosan oligosaccharide affects antioxidant defense capacity and placental amino acids transport of sows. BMC Vet Res. 2016;12:243 pubmed
- Zhang Y, Wan D, Zhou X, Long C, Wu X, Li L, et al. Diurnal variations in iron concentrations and expression of genes involved in iron absorption and metabolism in pigs. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:1210-1214 pubmed publisher..The diurnal variations in serum iron levels may also have pathophysiological implications for clinical diagnostics related to iron deficiency anemia in pigs. ..
- Ren W, Liu G, Yin J, Chen S, Li T, Kong X, et al. Draft Genome Sequence of Enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli Strain W25K. Genome Announc. 2014;2: pubmed publisher..Enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli (ETEC) is a major cause of diarrheal disease in humans and newly weaned pigs. Here, we report the draft genome sequence of ETEC strain W25K, which causes diarrhea in piglets. ..
- Xiao D, Zeng L, Yao K, Kong X, Wu G, Yin Y. The glutamine-alpha-ketoglutarate (AKG) metabolism and its nutritional implications. Amino Acids. 2016;48:2067-80 pubmed publisher..The main objective of this review is to highlight the metabolic pathways of glutamine to AKG, with special emphasis on nutritional and therapeutic use of glutamine-AKG axis to improve the health and well-being of animals and humans. ..
- Zhou X, He L, Wan D, Yang H, Yao K, Wu G, et al. Methionine restriction on lipid metabolism and its possible mechanisms. Amino Acids. 2016;48:1533-40 pubmed publisher..In addition, the possible mechanisms that might be engaged in the regulation of MR diet on lipid metabolism are also discussed. ..
- Zhou X, Wan D, Zhang Y, Zhang Y, Long C, Chen S, et al. Diurnal variations in polyunsaturated fatty acid contents and expression of genes involved in their de novo synthesis in pigs. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;483:430-434 pubmed publisher..These findings have important physiological and pathophysiological implications, since long chain PUFA are essential for cell function and closely involved in the development of metabolic syndrome. ..
- Liu G, Ren W, Fang J, HU C, Guan G, Al Dhabi N, et al. L-Glutamine and L-arginine protect against enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli infection via intestinal innate immunity in mice. Amino Acids. 2017;49:1945-1954 pubmed publisher..g., the mRNA expression of pIgR, CRS1C, and Reg3?) in the intestine of ETEC-infected mice. Our results suggest that dietary arginine or glutamine supplementation may inhibit intestinal ETEC infection through intestinal innate immunity. ..
- He L, Zhou X, Huang N, Li H, Li T, Yao K, et al. Functions of pregnane X receptor in self-detoxification. Amino Acids. 2017;49:1999-2007 pubmed publisher..In this review we summarize recent advances on remarkable metabolic and regulatory versatility of PXR, and we emphasizes its role and potential implication as an effective modulator of self-detoxification in animals and humans. ..
- Yin L, Yang H, Li J, Li Y, Ding X, Wu G, et al. Pig models on intestinal development and therapeutics. Amino Acids. 2017;49:2099-2106 pubmed publisher..Because of similarities in anatomy and physiology between pigs and mankind, more emphasises are put on how to use the piglet model for human organ transplantation research. ..
- Tan B, Liu H, He G, Xiao H, Xiao D, Liu Y, et al. Alanyl-glutamine but not glycyl-glutamine improved the proliferation of enterocytes as glutamine substitution in vitro. Amino Acids. 2017;49:2023-2031 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Ala-Gln has the very similar functional profile to free Gln in porcine enterocytes in vitro and can be substituted Gln as energy and protein sources in the gastrointestinal tract. ..
- Hussain T, Tan B, Ren W, Rahu N, Dad R, Kalhoro D, et al. Polyamines: therapeutic perspectives in oxidative stress and inflammatory diseases. Amino Acids. 2017;49:1457-1468 pubmed publisher..In this review, we expand the knowledge on the metabolism of polyamines, and its anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory activities which might have future implications against inflammatory diseases in humans and animals. ..
- Jiang Q, Chen J, Liu S, Liu G, Yao K, Yin Y. l-Glutamine Attenuates Apoptosis Induced by Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress by Activating the IRE1?-XBP1 Axis in IPEC-J2: A Novel Mechanism of l-Glutamine in Promoting Intestinal Health. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..We propose that the functional effect of l-glutamine on intestinal health may be partly due to its modulation of ERS and CHOP-mediated apoptosis. ..
- Wu X, Xie C, Guo X, Long C, Zhang T, Gao T, et al. A Maternal Two-meal Feeding Sequence with Varying Crude Protein Affects Milk Lipid Profile in A Sow-Piglet Model. Sci Rep. 2017;7:13742 pubmed publisher..These findings indicated that both the maternal two-meal feeding sequences with varying crude protein improved milk production and milk lipid profiles of sows, which might contribute to improving growth performance of piglets. ..
- Xu K, Liu H, Bai M, Gao J, Wu X, Yin Y. Redox Properties of Tryptophan Metabolism and the Concept of Tryptophan Use in Pregnancy. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..Abnormal pregnancies and some associated disorders may be associated with disordered Trp metabolism related to OS. Mounting evidence suggests that the investigation of the use of Trp and its metabolites in pregnancy will be meanful. ..
- He C, Tang H, Mei Z, Li N, Zeng Z, Darko K, et al. Human interstitial cellular model in therapeutics of heart valve calcification. Amino Acids. 2017;49:1981-1997 pubmed publisher..In this review, we summarize these potential therapeutics with some highlights of interstitial cellular models. ..