Affiliation: China Pharmaceutical University
- Ji W, Li R, Li M, Wang S, Zhang X, Niu X, et al. Antidepressant-like effect of essential oil of Perilla frutescens in a chronic, unpredictable, mild stress-induced depression model mice. Chin J Nat Med. 2014;12:753-9 pubmed publisher..The antidepressant activity of EOPF might be related to the relation between alteration of serotonergic responses and anti-inflammatory effects. ..
- Xu L, Li Y, Fu Q, Ma S. Perillaldehyde attenuates cerebral ischemia-reperfusion injury-triggered overexpression of inflammatory cytokines via modulating Akt/JNK pathway in the rat brain cortex. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;454:65-70 pubmed publisher..The activation of this signalling pathway eventually inhibits apoptotic cell death induced by cerebral ischemia-reperfusion. ..
- Deng X, Xue J, Li H, Ma Z, Fu Q, Qu R, et al. Geraniol produces antidepressant-like effects in a chronic unpredictable mild stress mice model. Physiol Behav. 2015;152:264-71 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings suggested that GE exerted a potential antidepressant-like effect in CUMS mice model of depression, which may provide an insight into the potential of GE in therapeutic implications for depression. ..
- Deng X, Chen J, Li H, Ma Z, Ma S, Fu Q. Cardioprotective effects of timosaponin B II from Anemarrhenae asphodeloides Bge on isoproterenol-induced myocardial infarction inÂ rats. Chem Biol Interact. 2015;240:22-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our finding demonstrated that TB might have a potential benefit in preventing ischemic heart diseases like myocardial infarction. ..
- Li R, Wang X, Qin T, Qu R, Ma S. Apigenin ameliorates chronic mild stress-induced depressive behavior by inhibiting interleukin-1Î² production and NLRP3 inflammasome activation in the rat brain. Behav Brain Res. 2016;296:318-325 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results demonstrate that apigenin exhibits antidepressant-like effects in CUMS rats, possibly by inhibiting IL-1Î² production and NLRP3 inflammasome expression via the up-regulation of PPARÎ³ expression. ..
- Wang S, Liu J, Ji W, Chen W, Fu Q, Feng L, et al. Qifu-Yin attenuates AGEs-induced Alzheimer-like pathophysiological changes through the RAGE/NF-ÎºB pathway. Chin J Nat Med. 2014;12:920-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, QFY could attenuate AGEs-induced, Alzheimer-like pathophysiological changes. These neuroprotective effects might be related to the RAGE/NF-ÎºB pathway and its anti-inflammatory activity. ..
- Lixing X, Zhouye J, Liting G, Ruyi Z, Rong Q, Shiping M. Saikosaponin-d-mediated downregulation of neurogenesis results in cognitive dysfunction by inhibiting Akt/Foxg-1 pathway in mice. Toxicol Lett. 2018;284:79-85 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that SSd had a toxic effect on cognitive function in mice, which was associated with inhibiting the hippocampal neurogenesis via Akt/Foxg1 pathway. ..
- Li H, Lin S, Qin T, Li H, Ma Z, Ma S. Senegenin exerts anti-depression effect in mice induced by chronic un-predictable mild stress via inhibition of NF-?B regulating NLRP3 signal pathway. Int Immunopharmacol. 2017;53:24-32 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that SEN plays an important role in treatment CUMS-induced depression in mice, possibly via suppression of pathway activation associated with NLRP3 inflammasome. ..
- Wang H, Sun X, Zhang N, Ji Z, Ma Z, Fu Q, et al. Ferulic acid attenuates diabetes-induced cognitive impairment in rats via regulation of PTP1B and insulin signaling pathway. Physiol Behav. 2017;182:93-100 pubmed publisher..We suppose that PTP1B inhibition may represent a promising approach to correct abnormal signaling linked to diabetes-induced cognitive impairment. ..
- Li H, Zhao Y, Zeng M, Fang F, Li M, Qin T, et al. Saikosaponin D relieves unpredictable chronic mild stress induced depressive-like behavior in rats: involvement of HPA axis and hippocampal neurogenesis. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2017;234:3385-3394 pubmed publisher..Together, Our results suggest that SSD opposed UCMS-induced depressive behaviors in rats, which was mediated, partially, by the enhancement of HPA axis function and consolidation of hippocampal neurogenesis. ..
- Li S, Sun X, Xu L, Sun R, Ma Z, Deng X, et al. Baicalin attenuates in vivo and in vitro hyperglycemia-exacerbated ischemia/reperfusion injury by regulating mitochondrial function in a manner dependent on AMPK. Eur J Pharmacol. 2017;815:118-126 pubmed publisher..Baicalin also suppressed cell apoptosis and enhanced mitophagy. These results suggested that baicalin protected against hyperglycemia aggravated I/R injury by regulating mitochondrial functions in a manner dependent on AMPK. ..
- Chen J, Zhao D, Zhu M, Zhang M, Hou X, Ding W, et al. Paeoniflorin ameliorates AGEs-induced mesangial cell injury through inhibiting RAGE/mTOR/autophagy pathway. Biomed Pharmacother. 2017;89:1362-1369 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we found PF inhibited autophagy at least partly through inhibiting RAGE and upregulating the level of p-mTOR to against AGEs-induced mesangial cell dysfunction. Thus, PF could be a potential agent for the treatment of DN. ..
- FangFang -, Li H, Qin T, Li M, Ma S. Thymol improves high-fat diet-induced cognitive deficits in mice via ameliorating brain insulin resistance and upregulating NRF2/HO-1 pathway. Metab Brain Dis. 2017;32:385-393 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, thymol exhibited beneficial effects on HFD-induced cognitive deficits through improving hippocampal insulin resistance, and activating Nrf2/HO-1 signaling. ..
- Qin T, Fang F, Song M, Li R, Ma Z, Ma S. Umbelliferone reverses depression-like behavior in chronic unpredictable mild stress-induced rats by attenuating neuronal apoptosis via regulating ROCK/Akt pathway. Behav Brain Res. 2017;317:147-156 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, umbelliferone showed neuroprotective effects on CUMS-induced model of depression, which was associated with the inhibition of neuronal apoptosis modulated by ROCK/Akt pathway. ..