Carlos A Mandarim-de-Lacerda
Affiliation: Rio de Janeiro
- Bargut T, Souza Mello V, Mandarim de Lacerda C, Aguila M. Fish oil diet modulates epididymal and inguinal adipocyte metabolism in mice. Food Funct. 2016;7:1468-76 pubmed publisher....
- Maia Ceciliano T, Barreto Vianna A, Barbosa da Silva S, Aguila M, Faria T, Mandarim de Lacerda C. Maternal vitamin D-restricted diet has consequences in the formation of pancreatic islet/insulin-signaling in the adult offspring of mice. Endocrine. 2016;54:60-69 pubmed..The decrease of PDX-1 is probably significant to the changes in the beta-cell mass and insulin secretion in adulthood. ..
- Motta V, Aguila M, Mandarim de Lacerda C. High-intensity interval training (swimming) significantly improves the adverse metabolism and comorbidities in diet-induced obese mice. J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 2016;56:655-63 pubmed..In skeletal muscle, HIIT improves PPAR-alpha and glucose transporter-4 and reduces PPAR-gamma levels. HIIT leads to attenuate the adverse effects caused by a chronic ingestion of a high-fat diet. ..
- Bargut T, Aguila M, Mandarim de Lacerda C. Brown adipose tissue: Updates in cellular and molecular biology. Tissue Cell. 2016;48:452-60 pubmed publisher..This bound leads to the initialization of the many pathways that may activate thermogenesis in acute and/or chronic ways. In summary, this mini-review aims to demonstrate the latest advances in the knowledge of BAT. ..
- Martins F, Bargut T, Aguila M, Mandarim de Lacerda C. Thermogenesis, fatty acid synthesis with oxidation, and inflammation in the brown adipose tissue of ob/ob (-/-) mice. Ann Anat. 2017;210:44-51 pubmed publisher..The findings suggest that the lack of substrate for thermogenesis and the local inflammation negatively regulated thermogenic signaling in the ob/ob mice. ..
- Motta V, Bargut T, Aguila M, Mandarim de Lacerda C. Treating fructose-induced metabolic changes in mice with high-intensity interval training: insights in the liver, white adipose tissue, and skeletal muscle. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2017;123:699-709 pubmed publisher..Because HIIT may block these adverse effects in all of these three tissues, it might be suggested that it functions as a coadjutant treatment in combatting the alterations caused by high-fructose intake. ..
- Ornellas F, Bringhenti I, Mattos B, Mandarim de Lacerda C, Aguila M. Father's obesity programs the adipose tissue in the offspring via the local renin-angiotensin system and MAPKs pathways, especially in adult male mice. Eur J Nutr. 2017;: pubmed publisher..The activation of local RAS and ERK1/2, a concomitant PPAR diminishing, and impairment in phosphorylation of AKT and IRS-1 could explain at least in part the findings regardless of the increase in body mass in the offspring. ..
- Martins F, Aguila M, Mandarim de Lacerda C. Impaired steroidogenesis in the testis of leptin-deficient mice (ob/ob -/-). Acta Histochem. 2017;119:508-515 pubmed publisher..The study provides new evidence and contributes to the understanding of how the lack of leptin and obesity might negatively modulate the testicular function leading to infertility. ..
- Barreto Vianna A, Aguila M, Mandarim de Lacerda C. Beneficial effects of liraglutide (GLP1 analog) in the hippocampal inflammation. Metab Brain Dis. 2017;32:1735-1745 pubmed publisher....
- Ornellas F, Carapeto P, Mandarim de Lacerda C, Aguila M. Obese fathers lead to an altered metabolism and obesity in their children in adulthood: review of experimental and human studies. J Pediatr (Rio J). 2017;93:551-559 pubmed publisher..Paternal obesity can induce programmed phenotypes in offspring through epigenetics. Therefore, it can be considered a public health problem, affecting the children's future life. ..
- Bargut T, Santos L, Machado D, Aguila M, Mandarim de Lacerda C. Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) vs. Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA): Effects in epididymal white adipose tissue of mice fed a high-fructose diet. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2017;123:14-24 pubmed publisher..Therefore, when considering fructose-induced adverse effects in WAT, the most prominent actions were observed with DHA. ..
- Borges C, Penna de Carvalho A, Medeiros Junior J, Aguila M, Mandarim de Lacerda C. Ovariectomy modify local renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system gene expressions in the heart of ApoE (-/-) mice. Life Sci. 2017;191:1-8 pubmed publisher..The evaluation of the local Renin-Angiotensin-Aldosterone system (RAAS) gene expressions in the heart of ovariectomized (OVX) apolipoprotein E deficient mice (ApoE)...