Affiliation: Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- The invariant surface glycoprotein ISG75 gene family consists of two main groups in the Trypanozoon subgenusT Tran
Institute of Tropical Medicine, Department of Parasitology, Nationalestraat 155, B 2000 Antwerp, Belgium
Parasitology 133:613-21. 2006....
- Heterologous expression, purification and characterisation of the extracellular domain of trypanosome invariant surface glycoprotein ISG75Thao Tran
Department of Molecular and Cellular Interactions, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Pleinlaan 2, Brussels, Belgium
J Biotechnol 135:247-54. 2008..Furthermore, sera of Trypanosoma brucei-infected animals specifically recognise this recombinant ISG75; and rabbit antiserum raised against the recombinant ISG75 detects all species of the Trypanozoon subgenus in parasite preparations...
- Towards a new reference test for surra in camelsThao Tran
Department of Parasitology, Institute of Tropical Medicine, Antwerp, Belgium
Clin Vaccine Immunol 16:999-1002. 2009..evansi infections in other hosts as well as for the development of a pan-Trypanozoon test for detection of Trypanosoma brucei brucei, T. b. gambiense, T. b. rhodesiense, T. evansi, and T. equiperdum...
- Current status of vaccination against African trypanosomiasisStefan Magez
Unit of Cellular and Molecular Immunology, Vrije Universiteit Brussel VUB, Pleinlaan 2, B 1050 Brussels, Belgium
Parasitology 137:2017-27. 2010..This paper reviews past and current attempts to design both anti-trypanosome vaccines, as well as vaccines directed towards the inhibition of infection-associated pathology...
- Antigen-dependent release of IFN-gamma by cytotoxic T cells up-regulates Fas on target cells and facilitates exocytosis-independent specific target cell lysisArno Mullbacher
Division of Immunology and Cell Biology, John Curtin School of Medical Research, Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
J Immunol 169:145-50. 2002..The results are discussed as to the possible relevance of the phenomenon in efficiency and regulation of the Tc cell response to infections by viruses...
- Identification of leishmania fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolase as a novel activator of host macrophage Src homology 2 domain containing protein tyrosine phosphatase SHP-1Devki Nandan
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, 2733 Heather Street, Heather Pavilion East, Room 452 D, Vancouver, BC, Canada V5Z 3J5
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 364:601-7. 2007..Collectively, these data show that leishmania aldolase is a novel SHP-1 binding and activating protein that contributes to macrophage dysfunction...