- Pierard G. Spores, sporodochia and fomites in onychomycosis. Dermatology. 2006;213:169-72 pubmed..In addition, the sporodochium, which is an exophytic fungal ball, may be attached underneath the distal free edge of some onychomycoses. It might represent an important source of fungal propagules in patients with poor nail trimming. ..
- Pierard G, Pierard Franchimont C, Szepetiuk G, Paquet P, Quatresooz P. The therapeutic potential of TNF-alpha antagonists for skin psoriasis comorbidities. Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2010;10:1197-208 pubmed publisher..Other potential adverse effects include infections, granulomas, rapid growth of cancers and occurrence of lymphomas. Adalimumab frequently controls moderate-to-severe forms of cutaneous psoriasis and some of its comorbidities. ..
- Pierard Franchimont C, Paquet P, Pierard G. New approaches in light/laser therapies and photodynamic treatment of acne. Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2011;12:493-501 pubmed publisher..The relative effectiveness compared with other treatments is unconfirmed; from the published information, evidence-based efficacy assessment of light/laser therapies in acne remains almost impossible. ..
- Pierard G, Pierard Franchimont C, Quatresooz P. Fungal thigmotropism in onychomycosis and in a clear hydrogel pad model. Dermatology. 2007;215:107-13 pubmed..This behavior has been shown experimentally with fungal hyphae of both dermatophytes and nondermatophyte molds, as well as with the mycelial phase of the dimorphic yeast Candida albicans...
- Pierard G, Pierard Franchimont C, Quatresooz P. Updating corneofungimetry: a bioassay exploring dermatomycoses and antifungal susceptibility. Mycopathologia. 2010;169:27-35 pubmed publisher..Computerized morphometric assessments bring numerical values allowing statistical comparisons. Variants of corneofungimetry address more specific aspects related to fungal cell adhesion, fungitoxicity and lipid-dependent fungi...