Affiliation: Vienna University of Technology
- Kopp J, Slouka C, Ulonska S, Kager J, Fricke J, Spadiut O, et al. Impact of Glycerol as Carbon Source onto Specific Sugar and Inducer Uptake Rates and Inclusion Body Productivity in E. coli BL21(DE3). Bioengineering (Basel). 2017;5: pubmed publisher..Additionally, it was shown that glycerol has beneficial effects on viability of cells and on productivity of the recombinant protein compared to glucose. ..
- Rajamanickam V, Metzger K, Schmid C, Spadiut O. A novel bi-directional promoter system allows tunable recombinant protein production in Pichia pastoris. Microb Cell Fact. 2017;16:152 pubmed publisher..This bi-directional promoter system offers a high degree of freedom for bioprocess design and development, making bi-directional promoters in P. pastoris highly attractive for recombinant protein production. ..
- Rajamanickam V, Wurm D, Slouka C, Herwig C, Spadiut O. A novel toolbox for E. coli lysis monitoring. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2017;409:667-671 pubmed publisher..coli lysis in a fast and reliable manner. We are convinced that this toolbox will not only facilitate E. coli bioprocess monitoring but will also allow enhanced process control in the future. ..
- Wurm D, Veiter L, Ulonska S, Eggenreich B, Herwig C, Spadiut O. The E. coli pET expression system revisited-mechanistic correlation between glucose and lactose uptake. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2016;100:8721-9 pubmed publisher..We believe that this mechanistic model might serve as platform knowledge for E. coli. ..
- Eggenreich B, Scholz E, Wurm D, Forster F, Spadiut O. The production of a recombinant tandem single chain fragment variable capable of binding prolamins triggering celiac disease. BMC Biotechnol. 2018;18:30 pubmed publisher..The high binding specificity of tscFv towards prolamin-containing grains makes this novel molecule a valuable candidate to support patients suffering from CD in the future. ..
- Gmeiner C, Saadati A, Maresch D, Krasteva S, Frank M, Altmann F, et al. Development of a fed-batch process for a recombinant Pichia pastoris Î”och1 strain expressing a plant peroxidase. Microb Cell Fact. 2015;14:1 pubmed publisher..In terms of productivity and product purity a temperature of 20Â°C was highly beneficial. In summary, we determined cultivation conditions for a recombinant P. pastoris Î”och1 strain allowing high productivity and product purity. ..